• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rubicon 241OR swap

Jacksonwolf39

I've got a 1997 tj and been doing some reading on swapping my 231 for the rocktrac. Was wondering what all I will need to swap out. I've read that you can keep your front driveshaft but have to swap out your rear. Just wondering what else I may have to do or if any one has any pointers or advice on it before I pull the trigger on it! Thanks in advance!

Re: Re: Re: Rubicon 241OR swap

screamn56 said:
Are u looking for a 241ro. I will be selling mine out of my yj. 1310 cv yokes
I would like to buy your 1310 cv yokes

Jacksonwolf39 said:
I've got a 1997 tj and been doing some reading on swapping my 231 for the rocktrac. Was wondering what all I will need to swap out. I've read that you can keep your front driveshaft but have to swap out your rear. Just wondering what else I may have to do or if any one has any pointers or advice on it before I pull the trigger on it! Thanks in advance!

I swapped an ax-15/241J combo into a 97 4-banger two years ago.

You'll need to work out something for your speedo, I didn't try exceptionally hard, but I never found a good way and ended up using a gps speedo.

We were unable to keep either driveshaft due to swapping the trans at the same time so I can't speak for the front shaft.

We used Novaks cable shifter for the install. The owner claims he's always having to fawk with it to keep it working semi-correctly.

Dakota digital has the doohickey to use the 241 sender with my LJ. Been running it for a couple of years.