• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ruger 10/22

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I have been wanting a new riffle since my single shot is fun but a pain to shoot and I don't need anything more than a .22. So I have been reading and looking and the 10/22 appeals to me in its ability to be modded.

So who has one and do you like it?

they are fun as hell and you can shoot all day for next to nothing in cost. pretty damn accurate too.

The rifle is more accurate then the cheap ammo.

But they are fun! Get a speed loader and some larger mags and you can have alot of fun!

I have had a SS one for 15 years. Its had so many bricks of rounds thru it I cant even begin to count.

I agree, get a speed loader and a handfull of big magizines before they cant sell them. It will save your thumbs on plinkin day.

You wont regret it. :awesomework: You will never sell it. :cool:

I have a couple of them Mike and their great plinking guns. One is bone stock and works fine the other is "highly" modified and is a shooting dream. you cant go wrong with this rifle. The high capacity mags seem to jam easier than the factory 10 round one though (even the ruger brand ones)

I have one I got from my great uncle, no idea when it was made or how many rounds it has thru it (I've only put a couple hundred thru it myself), and I love it. Shotguns and pistols are fun, but you can't beat a 10/22 for pure cheap fun. I can bring mine tomorrow if you want. The only thing thats added is a scope, I dunno the power.

If anyone has a 10/22 they would like to sell I've been looking for a used one for awhile.

I have a synthetic folding stock I would sell for a 10/22 since we are on the topic. I am keeping it looking like a rifle, went away from the tactical look. $80

my dad bought me one for my 13th birthday. Of all my arsenal its my all time favorite to shoot. It's a longer barrel than any stock 10/22. Depending on the vintage its 15-18 + 1 tube feed. Buy a speed loader or 2 and never hurt your thumbs. Mine is a tack driver at 100' with no optics and my bad eyes. (spanked it a lot my entire life)

When I was in high school(many moons ago) I bought a semi auto Savage from Coast to Coast hardware. I shot the crap out of it. When the extractor disapeared the second time I bought a new Marlin Model 60. The Marlin was a piece of junk. i took the Marlin back the next day and bought a Ruger 10/22. I will be passing mine on to 1 of my grandsons..

2vkdw5l.jpg