• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RUSH OFF ROAD, KY VIDEOS = Epic

It took a really hard hit but the way it broke up so bad makes wonder what happened. Bobby Tanners seems to take a LOT of bad hits and has held up pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that's a hard hit on a solid rock I guess I shoulda worded my question differently. Did tubes break or did welds fail?

Welds held. The tubes ripped apart. The tubing around the fuel tank isn't really designed to absorb the entire weight of a flying buggy. Passenger compartment seems basically unaffected.

yankster said:
Passenger compartment seems basically unaffected.

I dont think we would be saying that if the passenger compartment hit like the rear of the buggy did. He got lucky, for sure. These hills look deadly.

Looks like the broke tube almost went through the passengers seat. Good thing it was vacant.

Them west coast guys can say what they want about bouncers usin too much tubing but that picture shows that more is better

yankster said:
The tubing around the fuel tank isn't really designed to absorb the entire weight of a flying buggy. Passenger compartment seems basically unaffected.

Considering the coilovers are mounted off it, shouldn't it be redesigned to take the entire weight?

It's a very good thing he didn't land on his tube door, probable would have cut his leg off. Tube doors have no business on a buggy climbing hills like that. And any buggy taking a hit like that would have tubing fail, that was a terrible hit.

I agree on the tube doors. On an all out bouncer one wrong lick & a latch sheer off somebodys gonna get f'd up.

yankster said:
Welds held. The tubes ripped apart. The tubing around the fuel tank isn't really designed to absorb the entire weight of a flying buggy. Passenger compartment seems basically unaffected.

isn't that tube pushing on the bak of the passenger seat? Good thing he left the ol lady at the bottom.

Cole said:
was that .120 DOM?
I really wonder if .188 would crumble like that myself. Bobby Tanner's holds up so well it amazes me. Regardless, it was a very rough hit. I think it could have used additional triangulation like Poison Ivy has in the back. Simple, but effective.
DSC_1209-M.jpg

That FJ buggy is DAMN COOL looking!