• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RUSH OFF ROAD, KY VIDEOS = Epic

I want to jump in here and say thank God for this man not getting seriously injured. Crashes like this are a fabricators worst nightmare, and it's always at the forefront of the thinking when event promotors are choosing hills to race on. I personally know the shop owner that built this rig, and he also is the one that built my rig, Poison Ivy pictured in an earlier post. Since the sport of " Rock Bouncing" got popular about the same time Fat Girl came out, the capabilities of these rigs have drastically increased, and the safety aspect of the chassis have also greatly improved right along with it. This was a bad deal all the way around, and I think the fact that the driver wasn't injured at all is something that the builder should be commended for! That rig took a nasty solid lick up front before it rolled and it didn't hurt the chassis. It's easy to see what should have been after the fact... I do know that CSCFab uses .188 wall DOM for the main structural areas on all the chassis they build now, and have been for the last year or so, no matter what the customer asks for.
It sucks that we have to learn from accidents like this what the limits of our equipment and safety devices are, but that's how we improve. One things for sure, the safety rules for racing in SRRS will tighten up even more, we currently require full face helmets, fire suits and neck collars so in the event someone does have a nasty crash, and destroys a rig, at least the driver will be better protected.

A roll cage is designed to do exactly what that one did, make it where you walk away.you could build one of of 1/2" wall pipe and eventually it would break.No frame no matter who builds it will last forever. Hell, even some of the west coast guys leave theirs raw so they can check for failures

Looks like a great place to go, I can't wait to get up there and check it out in person. As far as the psycho buggy crash goes Im pretty sure the proper driving technique was not used on that hill, it takes more than just sticking one on the mat and holding the wheel, I actually thought the throttle had hung wide open the first time I watched the video. :dblthumb:

CSC built my new buggy and I chose him because I wanted something safe. That buggy had tube doors and one bar behind the fuel cell that the coilovers were mounted too. That was the worst possible hit for that chassis and after it landed he opened the door and walked away. Looks like it did its job. Dale Jr doesn't step out a totaled race car that hit the wall at 200 mph and bitch cause he cant drive it on the trailer. That hill was nasty. You hit **** like that you have to be prepared for what happens.

I'm not saying the buggy wasn't built right. Just want to clear that up. It took a hard hit thats for sure.

Elliott said:
A roll cage is designed to do exactly what that one did, make it where you walk away.you could build one of of 1/2" wall pipe and eventually it would break.No frame no matter who builds it will last forever. Hell, even some of the west coast guys leave theirs raw so they can check for failures

Cole said:
More tube is not as important as having tube in the right places.

These two comments are spot on.

Looks like it would be a good idea for the park to move that big rock that Jordan hit next person may not be as lucky

The buggy was built for an older gentleman who sold it to this guy. This was his second time out. This rig was never designed for wat was unleased on it

I'm just going to put my two cents in,people go out and buy buggies,just like they do razors,they don't come with a drivers manual or a video teaching you how to drive,so maybe some of these guys should take it easy until they figure out what their buggy is capable of,just my opinion.

454tbacon said:
I'm just going to put my two cents in,people go out and buy buggies,just like they do razors,they don't come with a drivers manual or a video teaching you how to drive,so maybe some of these guys should take it easy until they figure out what their buggy is capable of,just my opinion.
I agree. This was my first big ride with my new buggy. I decided to suck up my pride a bit and avoid hitting the bigger climbs. I want to feel out how its going to react in different terrain before I just go balls out.

Latest posts