• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

S&N Fab Bravo 2RC.

Time for driveshafts, since running an inverted 4 link suspension means fitting a small diameter driveline is crucial to not rubbing the upper/lower links when suspension is cycling as well as clearence to the transmission running axle shaft driveshafts is an excellent choice for fitment and durability. Round stock used was some leftover rear axle shafts mated to a 1350 slipyoke and a 1350 u-bolt style forged pinion yoke off a dana 60. He machined the end of axle to fit in pinion yoke and same to the 1350 slip, these will take incredible abuse and laugh at being drug across the rocks etc. All tig welded/pre heated/post heated, and shot peened to relieve any stress on metal. Also having 2 forged yokes at the pinion will make u-joint replacement a breeze as you just have to take off 4 u-bolt to replace.. Here are some pics.

Last edited:
Did you mount the motor offset to provide clearance to the tranny? Or does your atlas give you more room than a D300?

Did you mount the motor offset to provide clearance to the tranny? Or does your atlas give you more room than a D300?
Tho the atlas helps it is slightly offset to drivers side. My axles are narrowed to 65.5, yours are full width. Clearance between the shaft and pan should be pretty similar due to transfer case lengths if that makes sense.

Last edited:
On mine I had to kick my motor 1" driver and 7 degrees sloped down toward the tranny. I was dead set on getting a one piece to fit. I have a 1/16" of an inch between the starter bolt and my mock up 1/3/4 shaft. Porter did you talk to Richard?

On mine I had to kick my motor 1" driver and 7 degrees sloped down toward the tranny. I was dead set on getting a one piece to fit. I have a 1/16" of an inch between the starter bolt and my mock up 1/3/4 shaft. Porter did you talk to Richard?
I gave him your number, I would think you will get a call tomorrow.

Looks good so far. Pretty cool on the double yoke. Mine contacted the lower link at full droop, or i would have liked to run a one peice.

Looks good so far. Pretty cool on the double yoke. Mine contacted the lower link at full droop, or i would have liked to run a one peice.
Richard said at full droop it wasn't touching but in a force flex situation it was a possibility. My last buggy barely did also. Only time will tell, if need be I will go 2 piece but hopefully not. If it barely touches I won't be too worried.

Mine barely rubs the tranny pan, but rubs the lower link hard enough to make a wear mark in the link bar.

what's changed as when I sold it to you it didn't rub?

I'm pretty sure it's always rubbed a little bit...at ride height it doesn't touch. Only when it articulates. Probably could have set the new motor off to the driver's side a tad more.

Shoot me some info on where you sourced your driveline parts...I have some old 44 shafts. Probably just need 2 forged 1350 yokes and a 1350 yoke for the d300 front output.