• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safety first! What head gear do you run?

hjpcummins

After watching a buggy go end over end this past weekend, I wana buy some helmets for a passenger and myself

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

Re: Re: Safety first! What head gear do you run?

i have a protec for my mellon!! lightweight and pretty tough!!

scared to death!!!!!

Anything is better than nothing...I have a motorcycle helmet and a half helmet. Lately I like the half one because you can hear out of it.

I bought the Axel helmet and it fit horrible. I sold it the next week. I knew if I had a helmet I did not like, I would not wear it.

I have a Giro Seam.

http://www.giro.com/us_en/snow/mens/snow-helmets/seam.html

seam_matte-purple-color-block.jpg

Here is the YouTube on the helmet.

Giro Snow: Seam Helmet

At $160, it is not a cheap helmet, neither is my head. I work with my brain. So do you need a good helmet or a good pair of gloves? :fish:.

Then I added a stereo system.

http://www.amazon.com/SoundRyder-Audio-FreeWheelin-Helmets-Vehicles/dp/B00A8CJS4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395790524&sr=8-1&keywords=SoundRyder+Audio+FreeWheelin+Audio+System

81SO0wPG6hL._SL1500_.jpg

bbone said:
Anything is better than nothing...I have a motorcycle helmet and a half helmet. Lately I like the half one because you can hear out of it.

Yeah the accident happened right after we got done wheelin

The. It made me think of y'all's!

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

I've got a steady supply of my old racing helmets....
So anything from simpson to impact depending on whats clean

bbone said:
John do you have to use the ear thingee?

There is nothing in the ear. The speaker is mounted to the helmet about 1-2 inches from the ear. Plenty loud. Bluetooth to the phone. Phone rings over speakers.

JohnG said:
There is nothing in the ear. The speaker is mounted to the helmet about 1-2 inches from the ear. Plenty loud. Bluetooth to the phone. Phone rings over speakers.

Gotya...couldnt remember if yours had a open ear or covered

Full Face Carbon Downhill Mtn biking helmet from Troy Lee Designs. Lightweight and full face. Gotta protect your money maker!

I bought the typical Axel skid lid. I did not like it at all. I sold it before even wearing it. Their new helmets like SRRS bought last year seem to be alot nicer. For me I like to wear a DOT approved motorcycle half helmet. Mine currently is a fulmer brand. With the new regulations on racing I am wearing a HJC full face motorcycle helmet that I had around the house. If I buy another one I will probably buy a dirt bike helmet for a lil better vision.

Been a while, but I used to love my Pro-Tec. Skater/mountain climber one. Could wear it all day.

Pro-Tec Ace. $24.99

Kelly using it a long time ago.
DSC_0208_2_OVRLA.jpg

InDaShop said:
Been a while, but I used to love my Pro-Tec. Skater/mountain climber one. Could wear it all day.

Kelly using it a long time ago.
DSC_0208_2_OVRLA.jpg

I have a Protec I use as my kayaking helmet. Its nice, also.

I would like to see Axel upgrade their basic helmet to a better fitting model. For as much promotion they're doing shame to have so many unsatisfied helmet users.

Speeding said:
I would like to see Axel upgrade their basic helmet to a better fitting model. For as much promotion they're doing shame to have so many unsatisfied helmet users.

Hey guys! This is Marvin with AXEL OFF ROAD.

This is the first time I read that our lightweight helmets are uncomfortable.

The padding Axel Off Road uses is the most comfortable padding you can have if you want it to be light weight and washable.

Yes, Axel could switch to an even more comfortable fabric padding but this is an off road helmet.
It get's dirty, wet and greasy - you want to be able to wash it off fast and easy.
Plus you're going to sweat in the summer, the last thing you want to wear is a hot and sweaty fabric padding helmet.

Another point is the price. $69 is really not expensive... Plus we always return/exchange helmets if they don't fit.
Most peoples problem is that they didn't measure their head properly, get a too small helmet and then wonder why it is uncomfortable.

Attention: This is why we offer a 2 layer padding! The thinner black top padding can be partially removed for a perfect individual fit!!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are unsatisfied with our product !!! AXEL OFF ROAD Is a very young company (just turned a year old)
and we're depending on straight, honest feedback to improve our products.
Just maybe next time you send me (Marvin) a message or talk to me at an event instead of posting it up in a forum.

If Axel Off Road helmets would really be that uncomfortable you wouldn't see as many out on the trails ;-)

We're working on our new collection as we speak and a new helmet is also going to be part of it. Stay tuned!

Thank you all for your kind support! We take your comments seriously and will continue to keep our sport safe and awesome!!

je6are3y.jpg

Got me one of these full face with an integrated sunglasses that fold up out of the way for 119 bucks with free shipping. Haven't use it for general trail riding but seams to be fairly cool. But I'm not much on rocks to the face I'm ugly enough already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk