• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sale vs Sell

American

Forever Newb
Guys! Please! This is basic English!

You are not SALING your rig. You are SELLING it. I know this isn't English class, but being that we are attempting to communicate through written words, it is important that you choose the right words.

I can't speak for anyone else, but no matter how much extra cash I have, I will NEVER buy from someone who wants to SALE me something. EVER. If you build the sickest rig on the planet and use these words incorrectly, I will assume a total retard built the rig, and I'll move on to the next for sale ad.

I know I can't be the only one… and I mean this with the utmost drunken sincerity :drinkers:

**** the English language. :flipgotcha:

Sale-Sail-Sell-Cell (and Sail can be a verb or noun!)

Read-Reed

Read-Red

Rode-Road

Bell-Bale-Bail (Bale, also a verb or noun!)

Pen-Pin

Cents-Sense

Oh, and why the **** do we END a sentence with punctuation? If you are reading a sentence, it makes more sense to START and END the sentence with punctation, that way you know whay inflection to use (exclaimaiton, question, etc)

American-English = DUMB.

Also, we use descriptors (adjective/adverbs) before the subject (noun/verb). So we end up describing stuff, when the person we are talking too (or the reader) doesn't acutally know WHAT you are describing. At least in Spanish you know what someone is talking about before they describe it.

The only word that gets me (as in confuses me at first) is "WONT" instead of "WANT"

As in:

I got some 38 Swumper I Rocks taht I wont to sale.

Hell, I'm pretty good at deciphering, my Dad doesn't spell great AND TYPES IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME.... I just deal with it.

Maybe you should hang out on some ENGLISH SPELLIN AND WRITIN FORUM! :gay:

Re: Re: Sale vs Sell

Oh you have no idea how much I completely agree with you. Last time we moved, there was a box labelled yard sale, cell, sail, sell all over it, just to mess with me. Haha

The only word I have trouble saying is bowl vs. Bull. But I blame the fact that I am left handed.

Re: Re: Sale vs Sell

The Luke said:
Oh you have no idea how much I completely agree with you. Last time we moved, there was a box labelled yard sale, cell, sail, sell all over it, just to mess with me. Haha

The only word I have trouble saying is bowl vs. Bull. But I blame the fact that I am left handed.

Wonder who wrote and or encouraged someone to label the box that way...

And why do people say something is pretty good or pretty big ect..? They should say quite good or quite big.

Rescue1 said:
Doesn't this forum come with a spell check?

Yes, but not if you use words that are in the dictionary.

I remember my mom having a sail boat on the mantle of one of our retail stores. After many attempts for people to buy it, she finally put a sign:

"KNOT FOR SAIL".

Always thought it was funny.

Sad thing is most of the people you are targeting with this thread will never see it since its not in the classifieds.

How about this :afro: I got some stuff I want to trade for money :flipgotcha: I don't care enough to know weather or not to speel it sell or sale so :gtfo: who honestly cares if something on an offroad forum is grammatically correct???

xjcrawler said:
And why do people say something is pretty good or pretty big ect..? They should say quite good or quite big.

We don't say pretty good or pretty big .. We say purdy good and purdy big :****:
We also say things like Mash Yer Motor!!! :woot:
If we type it that way then people read it that way .. Makes fer better readin I reken!!!