• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sale vs Sell

al1tonyota said:
that would be an overload like some shut down the servers omg like omfg hnhdn't bs haha js :drinkers:

For some reason I can understand RobbyBobby posts pretty easily if you read slow enough...

One of my favorites in winch vs wench vs wrench vs wrinch all referring to a Warn 8000

American said:
Guys! Please! This is basic English!

You are not SALING your rig. You are SELLING it. I know this isn't English class, but being that we are attempting to communicate through written words, it is important that you choose the right words.

I can't speak for anyone else, but no matter how much extra cash I have, I will NEVER buy from someone who wants to SALE me something. EVER. If you build the sickest rig on the planet and use these words incorrectly, I will assume a total retard built the rig, and I'll move on to the next for sale ad.

I know I can't be the only one… and I mean this with the utmost drunken sincerity :drinkers:

Don't let it bother you man, think about it this way- reading hardline is like a trip to walmart, you will feel better about yourself in general afterwards :dblthumb:

ridered3 said:
One of my favorites in winch vs wench vs wrench vs wrinch all referring to a Warn 8000

The winch rides on the front of the truck, the wench rides in the passenger seat. :dblthumb:

The local paper never has been able to spell Warn correctly. They always call it a warren wrench. Stupid :afro:

I can understand the spelling might bother some people but hell look at the crowd. How many of us had a 4.0 :dunno:

Joc said:
I can understand the spelling might bother some people but hell look at the crowd. How many of us had a 4.0 :dunno:

I would think a lot of us started out with the old inline sixes ... oh wait, you're talking about GPA. :)

I bet you would be surprised at some of the GPA's you might find actually.

Regardless, you learned (or didn't learn) the correct usage of sale vs. sell way back before GPA's even counted. That's an elementary thing.

And how many people do you know who DID have a 4.0 GPA that can fix their car? I know people who I literally consider geniuses who regard me as a fricking god since I can build a vehicle from scratch and fix my own vehicles. They're like, "I could never do that."

I'm also amazed at how much I learn from people who couldn't tell you what the square root of 4 is, yet I had a decent GPA. :)

Either way I do have to say that, if you have bad grammar online, it makes me think that you are probably a window-licking bumble-**** who is married to your sister. Its probably not true, but that is also why my parents insisted that I learn [mostly] correct grammar in the first place. If you go around writing like a driveling idiot you probably won't even realize the opportunities in life that passed you by simply because of prejudgment. After all, if I have two job applications, one that contains correct grammar, the other doesn't, who am I obviously going to call first?

Re: Re: Sale vs Sell

I gots a toyoter truck fur cell

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's a matter of knowing when to "church it up". Sometimes I will type in 'er or ain't just because of the crowd. I'll type what I'm thinking, and if I'm thinking "her", I'll type her. If I'm talking to Jon-Jon, I'll type 'er. Obviously, I would never put on an application, "Suzy was the owner, call 'er."

Now when someone says "I got a 8 gal. fuel sell for sell", they're a complete dumbass. drool

American said:
Guys! Please! This is basic English!

You are not SALING your rig. You are SELLING it. I know this isn't English class, but being that we are attempting to communicate through written words, it is important that you choose the right words.

I can't speak for anyone else, but no matter how much extra cash I have, I will NEVER buy from someone who wants to SALE me something. EVER. If you build the sickest rig on the planet and use these words incorrectly, I will assume a total retard built the rig, and I'll move on to the next for sale ad.

I know I can't be the only one… and I mean this with the utmost drunken sincerity :drinkers:
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=for+sale+by+owner&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&biw=1012&bih=660&tbm=isch&tbnid=bumsI3Z_xENx9M:&imgrefurl=http://www.gretemanrealestate.com/ownerinfo.php%3Fid%3D12&docid=9BDGI8V9ct2EkM&imgurl=http://www.gretemanrealestate.com/userfiles/for-sale-by-owner-sign.jpg&w=425&h=282&ei=Y6gxUJnnE4jo9ASemoHQCA&zoom=1

The "for sell" thing does bother me, as well as the, "I'm looking to sale my rig" thing. I'm far from a grammar Nazi, but I shake my head as I read quietly every time. Sadly, one of my biggest pet peeves is when I get an invitation and it reads "your invited" :p

What gets me is people don't understand the difference between there, their and they're I see this all the time. "There" is used when you say something like "Put that there". "Their" is used when you are talking about a persons possession as in "that is their buggy". Finally you have they're (they are) as in "they're going to come wheel this weekend.

Kansas-Kid said:
What gets me is people don't understand the difference between there, their and they're I see this all the time. "There" is used when you say something like "Put that there". "Their" is used when you are talking about a persons possession as in "that is their buggy". Finally you have they're (they are) as in "they're going to come wheel this weekend.

Their ya go! :flipoff1:

Have ya'll ever seen a hand-written sign that says "Out are order?" I've seen it twice in my life.

Bones said:
Some of y'all type like you have down syndrome :****: :flipoff1:

Bish.jpg

The more i thought about this the more I just cant see your side. I've always said somethings "for sale" if Im trying to sell it. Seems to me the rest of the whole U.S. does the same thing. Black Friday Sales, Day after Christmas sales etc.
Everywhere you look stuff is ON SALE or FOR SALE thumb.gif

When I clicked on this, I honestly expected to see the OP get flamed out big time for whining....but then I forgot, this isn't Pirate molaugh

**** it, if you can't read it, go on to the next listing BY GAWD :flipoff1:

....this could work out as an advantage. If thier too dumb to spell correctly, maybe there too dumb to price they're **** right and you jist might can score some pretty good bargains up in here for urself. I'm still waitin on Julio and Robby Bobby to post :popcorn:

Joc said:
The more i thought about this the more I just cant see your side. I've always said somethings "for sale" if Im trying to sell it. Seems to me the rest of the whole U.S. does the same thing. Black Friday Sales, Day after Christmas sales etc.
Everywhere you look stuff is ON SALE or FOR SALE thumb.gif

SALE is the noun that describes the event where you SELL (verb) something. You don't go to a yard SELL just as you wouldn't SALE something in a yard. To say that you are going to SALE your rig would be like saying you are going to POOL in your swimming pool instead of SWIM in your swimming pool.

Bones said:
^^

Crickets.....JJ went RIGHT over their heads with this one :dblthumb: :flipoff1: thumb.gif

laughing1

Yep, about half the people in this thread still don't get it. :flipoff1:

Just reference what JJ posted if you don't know which one to use

Buggy "FOR SALE" = thumb.gif

Buggy "FOR SELL" = :gtfo:

I'm going to SELL my buggy = thumb.gif

I'm going to SALE my buggy = :gtfo:

Latest posts