• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sammi 16 valve swap

Sandtrap1986

Since im no good at wiring and i sent my toyota to crash. im going to need something to do after deployment. so i have my sammi parked right now and im thinking about doing the 16v swap. i also have a 22re sitting on the shop floor also so im contemplating which i should do/which would be easier. Any tips/ guidance? anyone got a good 16v they want to sell for a good price?

:haha: yer prolly gonna wanna send this to crashy-poo too then if doing either swap and ya suck at wiring!!!!

moved to gen tech for ya...:awesomework:

well yeah but this i am much more forgiving to myself if i were to **** it up so this will be my learner rig to teach myself how to wire and it hard to beleive anything has as many wires as that 99 4.3 into my 94 3.0 it was like a rats nest in there **** that lol.

Nice thing about a 16V swap is it really isn't too bad...there are wires, but not as many!!! :haha:

I did the 16 v swap a year ago plus did the wiring and it wasn't too bad and turned out great.I can see why TT charges so much to do the wiring because it took me hours to redo the harness but did it right the first time.The power gain was very noticeable also.Rebuild kits for the tranny aren't too pricy but you need a press handy.

I was able to run the Trail tough install kit with the motor mounts and close my hood with out using a body lift also.

Yup....

Nope! fresh out! :haha:

This is also an option that works well :awesomework:....costs a few, but as stated, it works...

Okay well then my next question is do i switch out the tranny when i do the 16 or does it bolt right up and if that is the case how much would you charge my to rebuild my tranny?

16V install can either be done using a 2wd tracker trans (direct bolt-up), or using an adapter plate for the Sami trans (Trail Tough sells them) as the 16V will not directly bolt up...

If your Samurai trans. is in good shape and you run a strong clutch I would go that route.You would save $ and the set up works fine.

If your Samurai trans. is in good shape and you run a strong clutch I would go that route.You would save $ and the set up works fine.

where there in lies the problem my tranny is circling the drain i can hear one of the bearing going out......maybe when i get back if Kev isnt busy he could do a rebuild for me????:corn: