• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scan tool opinions

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
You guys that work in a shop and use a scan tool daily, what are you using, what do you want, pros and cons, ect. :dunno:

I have been talking to the Snap on guy about a new modis, dang I hate to spend the $ on it but I have got to get a good scan tool. Also been kicking around the Autel Maxisys, seems to have a lot of nice features and both are pretty fast. Currently have a year 431 launch pad and am beginning to hate it.

The main reason for even considering the Snap on is a stupid cheap $3300 discount off a new unit, no way in hell would I ever give 6K for one. They also have a built in scope feature that I really need that the other ones don't.

I have no interest in the mentor or OTC touch, demos were stupid slow and a pain in the ass to get to link up to the wire less vcim.

We the modis ultra great scanner we got the wireless has it's own docking box and everything it an amazing unit and easy to use once you get the hang of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u are going Snap-On, spend a few more bucks over the Modis or Solus and get the
VERUS PRO. Has a 4 channel scope, fast refresh rate, and online capability so you can get repair info right at the scanner. Plus has all the Euro and OBD1 adapters. Get the docking station also but I don't recommend the xtra dough for their scanner cart. I have had mine 2 years and love it. Be prepared to spend on updates though. I update mine yearly, but I also get paid or don't based on that tool everyday. You could probably get away with update every 2 or 3 years if not using on newer stuff all the time.

8151a178f9bc5bc269b79fc2d9da8125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it, same as mine. Got mine on an old Modis cart with a 30 inch monitor strapped to the back so I can see that **** from across the shop.

Re:

Snap on verus pro! You won't regret it! Yea it's a big chunk of money but it will make it back for you. Plus snap on has good consumer service. You also get Mitchell pro demand on your scan cause snap-on owns Mitchell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Used the loaner for a couple of weeks, pretty good tool but I think it is way overpriced. I really hate that it's not wireless, having to sit in a nasty, smelly, hot, cold, car to use it kinda sucks, especially if I need to activate something under the car to check voltage or whatever. Thinking about going with an autel maxisys, price is good and a year of free updates.

Attachments

• CAM02187.jpg
    CAM02187.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 110
Re:

juicetenn said:
Snap on verus pro! You won't regret it! Yea it's a big chunk of money but it will make it back for you. Plus snap on has good consumer service. You also get Mitchell pro demand on your scan cause snap-on owns Mitchell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is what we use ^^^^

Re:

grcthird said:
Are you using it for used cars or on gm stuff? Just another shop scan tool option instead of the factory scan tool?

We work on anything with wheels here, and it has really saved the day, especially with codes on some of the bodyshop wrecks