• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Hale mountain

kevinhumphrey

Like I said I have never been here and talk to several buddies that have not. I have ridden many many parks from dirty turtle to KOH. No comparison on parks just saying from almost coast to coast. Never been to hale ornever heard much about it I would like to know as far as trails are they crawling trails or hill killing trails?? One other thing I see there is camping but are there hotels close?? Thinking about this February ride just want more info thanks in advance!!

Re:

Lots of pictures/videos in the trail ride section.. Definitely one of my favorite places. Nothing like dtor, all crawling, no dirt hills to kill

Good trail system, gets very hard when wet.

The parking lot is not motorhome or large trailer friendly. I will not go back until the parking is improved, as I like taking my motorhome and making a weekend of my wheeling trips.

Re: School me on Hale mountain

Awesome park, great Owners Ms. Peggy and Mr. Bill rock. There are rock trails everywhere, if you can get a tire on it, climb it, name it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love hale literally anywhere you look could be a trail great natural rock formations. Parking lot is small and the park not the best to support big rides some of the main roads can be tough when wet I wish they would open up more

One of the best "Crawling parks" around, hands down. They don't do much promoting events anymore, due to death of one of the family members that did most of the work around the park. Feb Jam is about the only big ride you hear of there anymore. Definitely a badass trail system though!

As for hotels, you'd just have to go to google maps and do a hotel search for near Elora, TN. It's out in the middle of nowhere.

JohnG said:

The parking lot is not motorhome or large trailer friendly. I will not go back until the parking is improved, as I like taking my motorhome and making a weekend of my wheeling trips.

enough room for the typical crewcab pickup and 24' bumper pull?

1tfrot said:

Yes, especially if they open up the remote parking areas, which they usually do for Feb Jam. Some nearby land owners have bigass pastures near the driveway of Hale, earlier you get there, better parking you get.

1tfrot said:

Yes, I've pulled my 34' bumper pull in there several times. Can get tricky getting fanagled around though.

I have always unhooked the trailer in the junkyard ar the bottom of the mountain and took the tow rig with camping gear to the top of the mountain .

That will make a lot more sense when you get there.

Some people drag their trailers up to the top, but the access road gets rough if it rains.

Oh and the last feb jam I went to, there was way too many damn people, it was kinda snowy and wet, and was virtually impossible to ride any trails. 100% cluster **** of 4wheelers and RZRs.

kmcminn said:
Great wheeling, get with people that know the place. The map is terrible.

Riding with people that know the park is great... I guess the map is only terrible if you dont know how to read a map molaugh :flipoff1:
Its no CartoTracks Map but definitely not terrible.

Last time i saw one of the maps from hale it was done in crayon and photocopied :****: as far as a place to stay you would be best to stay outside of Huntsville or Fayetteville both will be 20 min away

thanks for the info guys. will have to check it out. I love the trail riding and slower crawling stuff

1tfrot said:
thanks for the info guys. will have to check it out. I love the trail riding and slower crawling stuff

Hit up JR Hall here on HL, he has a hunting camp on site and can handle some additional parking at his place and give you some additional trail detail. :dblthumb:

JohnG said:

I got an extra tent your more than welcome to borrow. Would be a good experience for you. ESP in jan-feb... Might even make you have some compassion for us peasants.. And make you think twice about hittin the rev limiter to wake someone up ! :woot: Hahahaha. I even find a tiny TV and some kinda leather for you to sit on, and you will fill right at home... ;D

Rokcrler said:
Riding with people that know the park is great... I guess the map is only terrible if you dont know how to read a map molaugh :flipoff1:
Its no CartoTracks Map but definitely not terrible.

Yeah somehow I always get roped into leading the group around...

Fantastic crawling park, one of the best IMO. Tons of creekbeds :dblthumb: No hill killing ( who cares )

But yeah it can get congested with RZRs/Atvs sitting around watching.

Parking can be tricky but I have been in and out of there several times with my 25ft gooseneck and JR is nice enough to let people park right around the corner if need be.

One of my favorite parks no doubt, wish they were open more. It's only 25-30min from me.

smbroady82 said:
Fantastic crawling park, one of the best IMO. Tons of creekbeds :dblthumb: No hill killing ( who cares )

But yeah it can get congested with RZRs/Atvs sitting around watching

One of my favorite parks no doubt, wish they were open more. It's only 25-30min from me.

I'll be one of those Atv's sitting around watching! Hahaha

But definitely a great park ran by great people.