• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on trailer tires!

War-Jeeper

Mailbox Killing War-Ho
My trailer needs new tires badly and soon, Called discount and schwabbys today

Discount was about 100 bucks more the schwabs but i dont know if either even have a good tire or not. Looking for something thats of quality and will last a long time:awesomework:

So what do you guys use?

Yeah I guess it depends on how much towing you intend to do...Few years ago I bought a new set of Carlisle's and they only lasted like 2 years or so. After that I did some research and found out about the goodyears and bought those. They seem to be holding up well.

Yeah I guess it depends on how much towing you intend to do...Few years ago I bought a new set of Carlisle's and they only lasted like 2 years or so. After that I did some research and found out about the goodyears and bought those. They seem to be holding up well.

My trailer sits more than gets used, the ones now are rotten from sitting actually. So im leary to buy expensive tires if they will do the same thing from sitting

If i were to buy trailer tires that got used a lot, I would buy a LT Load Range D or E tire. That being said, you say that ur tires rot before you wear them out, you may try throwing a cover over them when it sits for long periods of time. This will help prevent them from weather checking.

If i were to buy trailer tires that got used a lot, I would buy a LT Load Range D or E tire. That being said, you say that ur tires rot before you wear them out, you may try throwing a cover over them when it sits for long periods of time. This will help prevent them from weather checking.

My dad mentioned this as well, which i will probably end up doing

what kind of trailer?? I have LT pick up tires on my car trailer. there from 2001 off of my gmc.my car trailer has all steel fenders so when tire blows out it hurts nothing. when I had a camp trailer I did buy shawbs best tire cuse if they blow out they can damage a lot.

Not sure what brand mine are Sam, but they are the ones that came with my trailer when I bought it used almost 4 yrs ago (they were new at that time), and still look good with no dryrot, and plenty of tread (~65%)...haven't had a single issue with them!!! (Knock on wood!!!:redneck:)...hold on a minute---
Just ran out to the trailer, and I'm not sure who makes 'em, but they are "SUPER TRAIL" st radials (specifically for trailers); They were purchased at a Les Schwab in Lacey area by the PO....:awesomework:

Not sure what brand mine are Sam, but they are the ones that came with my trailer when I bought it used almost 4 yrs ago (they were new at that time), and still look good with no dryrot, and plenty of tread (~65%)...haven't had a single issue with them!!! (Knock on wood!!!:redneck:)...hold on a minute---
Just ran out to the trailer, and I'm not sure who makes 'em, but they are "SUPER TRAIL" st radials (specifically for trailers); They were purchased at a Les Schwab in Lacey area by the PO....:awesomework:

Those are schwabs "premium" trailer tire and there 523 out the door from schwabs:awesomework:

before i knew better i destroyed several tires by leaving my trailer tires stressed after backing it up while turning and leaving it that way parked.
i have had the les schwabs for over 6 years now.

before i knew better i destroyed several tires by leaving my trailer tires stressed after backing it up while turning and leaving it that way parked.
i have had the les schwabs for over 6 years now.

The more expensive ones?

My tires dont get parked in any stressed fashion:awesomework:

Sam try six robles for tires. i bought a spare trailer tire and rim mounted, for less than 100.