• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seats for poor folk

417chevy

What are affordable seat options? Something you don't mind wheeling all day in but don't cost 500+ a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Smitty built xrc seats. I like them. A buddy has these and they are nice as well. https://procarbyscat.com/product/terrain-series-1620/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1tonyj said:
The Corbeau baja SS is a great option. Very comfortable and safe seat. You can get a pair for $400.00
That's not bad at all for a pair. Safety is the goal and I know you can't always cheap out on safety. I ran a full containment seat in my race car and I think I paid 8or900 for it.

Waffle said:
I've first had the Corbeau baja SS and currently have the Corbeau ultra. Very comfortable to wheel all day long in, as long as its dry out.

Things to watch out for with these two. The baja SS is for short people and has 1 slit for both shoulder harnesses. The ultra fits those 6' and larger much better and has 2 slits for shoulder harnesses. Both seats are a pain to get harness hardware through the slits and both seats hold water and dirt like no other. Especially when leaned back.

I'm looking forward to the day I can upgrade mine to PRP. Larger harness slots and built in water/mud drains is worth the extra $ to me. I was trying to be cheap as well, but all it did was cost me more money in the end.
An ass soaked in mud is a bad day ????????
And thanks for the heads up on height issues. I'm 6' and the ol lady is 5'10"

I'd say go Corbeau Baja XP. Theyre $299 each so not cheap, but man they're comfortable, they do hold water but they're vinyl and the bottom cushion is removable so they are not hard to clean out or dry out. I can tell a big difference between them and the stock ZJ seats. With the corbeau's at the end of the day my back feels perfectly normal. At the end of a day long ride in the ZJ seats my back feels like I spent the day bouncing around sitting on top of a milk crate. Alot of it comes from sitting down in the seat also. I notice me and the wife flop all around inside the ZJ even while crawling but we're anchored in place riding a cloud of titties in the buggy with Corbeau's.

Short version, get the best seat you can and make sure its something that you sit down in with good side bolsters instad of something you just sit on top of like some of the cheaper seats and most oe style seats.

d_daffron said:
I'd say go Corbeau Baja XP. Theyre $299 each so not cheap, but man they're comfortable, they do hold water but they're vinyl and the bottom cushion is removable so they are not hard to clean out or dry out. I can tell a big difference between them and the stock ZJ seats. With the corbeau's at the end of the day my back feels perfectly normal. At the end of a day long ride in the ZJ seats my back feels like I spent the day bouncing around sitting on top of a milk crate. Alot of it comes from sitting down in the seat also. I notice me and the wife flop all around inside the ZJ even while crawling but we're anchored in place riding a cloud of titties in the buggy with Corbeau's.

Short version, get the best seat you can and make sure its something that you sit down in with good side bolsters instad of something you just sit on top of like some of the cheaper seats and most oe style seats.
You sold me at "cloud of titties"

I had a pair of the Corbeau Baja SS seats in my last buggy. They were comfortable, but as mentioned above, made for a miserable day if they ever got wet. To dry them out in a reasonable amount of time meant that I had to remove the seat covers and foam padding from the seat frames, wring them out as much as possible and then lay them out in the sun to dry for a day... maybe longer. Also, they weren't tall enough to provide the head support that I wanted. The buggy I'm currently building has the Corbeau Baja XP (all vinyl) seats in it. They have more bolstering, more cushion in the seat and more height for head support. Plus they have harness slots that make it easier to feed the shoulder straps. I think I'm going to like them!

I'm glad y'all have brought this back up. I went to a local off-road shop one day to checkout all the different seat options they had and figure out exactly what I needed to buy and I left with absolutely zero answers and was told to go to prp's website.

That said, you can also look into hunter safety products. They're the old Beard Suspension seats rebranded to HSP. Completely customizable and pretty affordable. https://www.huntersafetyproducts.com/] [url]https://www.huntersafetyproducts.com/[/URL]

I don't know how poor we are talking here, but I'm putting some rzr take out seats in my rig for the time being. I needed a comfortable and narrow option so I can put a kid seat in the middle. Later when the kids are out of boosters, I'm probably going to get rzr race seats (such as hunter) and a bench for the back.

As for Corbeau, I had a set of their cheapest option years ago and wouldn't go that route again because of the issue with holding water. They were decently comfortable but i'm sure there's a reason they are the cheapest

Another vote for the Baja SS but if you wanna scrap the bottom of the barrel cheap, I am currently running some kinda wierd Trimline seats a buddy had bought to put in a side by side. My fronts and the rear bench in the wagon are a matching set. I think I paid 400 for the 2 seats and bench they were new unused. I wanna say he had almost 800 in them with shipping

I found a slightly used set of Mastercraft seats on craigslist years ago for like 250 and love them. They are cloth but seem to clean easy and dry really fast if they get real wet. I feel like I'm sitting on marshmellows and almost hate the ride home in my worn out truck seat. These have lower sides which I like as far as getting in and out, I had some of the JC Whitney "racing" seats prior and the sides were stupid high and always caught my sack getting in and out.

Ya'll talking about getting ass-wet and whatnot,

If you don't buy a set of PRPs with the mesh "mud drain" option, then just get you a flush head thru-hull fitting and poke a hole in the center/bottom of your seat as far back as it will go. 99% of the water will go out instead of you sitting in a bucket of mud-butt broth.

:****:

324.jpg

Waffle said:
I looked at doing this to mine a couple years ago, but I found a problem with it and potential safety issue. No doubt the thru hole fitting will drain water, but that means it will drain mud, dirt and small rocks. Problem is the design of the Corbeau suspension mesh and draining anything there puts all of that coarse abrasive material between the seat cover and the suspension mesh. Eventually it would probably wear thin, compromising the integrity of the very thing meant to save your ass.

Oh yeah I see what you are talking about, especially wit the Corbeau Baja, the "hammock" wraps around the back of the seat bottom.
Might have to move them out the outside corners of the seat bottom to keep from dropping junk inside the seat hammock.

thumb.gif

We have been looking for a deal for about a year now. Currently we have a set of old beard seats. they are worn and the sticking is ripping.
We don't want to brake the bank buying new seats. but then again don't mind spending a little on them as long as they are comfortable.
Like the idea of the removable seat cushion.
Just dont like the price.

ranger11 said:
I had the Smitty built xrc seats. I like them. A buddy has these and they are nice as well. https://procarbyscat.com/product/terrain-series-1620/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
My samurai had these seats in it when I bought it. I like them other than when they get wet because they are black cloth. But maybe they offer some all vinyl ones now???

I love my PRP daily drivers. Got them from WOD and I think I paid around $500 for the pair. They are a little taller than the Baja SS and my head lands on the head rest perfectly. Granted, I'm a short **** at 5' 8". The wife and I can spend all day in them with zero complaints.
d8e51cb1ac8c8c286fe0dac59b8defd0.jpg
ee935a8aaf36a7e875d907cb823a01e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

scooter60 said:
I love my PRP daily drivers. Got them from WOD and I think I paid around $500 for the pair. They are a little taller than the Baja SS and my head lands on the head rest perfectly. Granted, I'm a short **** at 5' 8". The wife and I can spend all day in them with zero complaints.
d8e51cb1ac8c8c286fe0dac59b8defd0.jpg
ee935a8aaf36a7e875d907cb823a01e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My next set of seats will be low bolster type like the daily driver seats. I like thoes a lot!

Another vote for corbeau baja ultra. Im 6' tall and they fit me perfect. I had baja SS previously and I definitely prefer the baja ultra. The baja ultra fits better and im not sore after a day of riding like I was with the baja SS. The harnesses also come through the baja ultra in a better spot making them way more comfortable.