• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

securing your cooler

jeeptj99

So other guys with fancy coolers that use them every day at work, how do you keep people from stealing them? I've been using my Orca for work and my biggest worry about it is someone jacking out of the back of the truck. I thought about locking it with a bike cable, but then every time I want a drink I have to unlock it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Problem solved.
668929a08c596404e4409ce6ecbd6ca8.png

Buy one of these or bend a piece of metal to do the same thing. Then you run the cable through it and don't have to unlock it to open.

Attachments

• ORKA.jpg
    ORKA.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 437
Yeah I'll have to take a picture of mine. A buddy made me one out of stainless that drops down the slot in the side and then run a cable in it

jeff150 said:
Buy one of these or bend a piece of metal to do the same thing. Then you run the cable through it and don't have to unlock it to open.

am I missing something? what stops them from just lifting the metal tab out?

poolman said:
Google yeti cooler lock

Money well spent!!! I have seen where folks have tried to steal the cooler without damaging it and............

Attachments

• fed428a885c03b2201308767f9e9637c--exercise-humor-faces.jpg
    fed428a885c03b2201308767f9e9637c--exercise-humor-faces.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 390
Yeah it drops down the slot and locks underneath. So even if you open the lid the cable won't allow the bracket to slide out

I've got a pretty thick cable lock for my yeti. I took a a 9/16th wrench, put it in a vice and heated it up and beat the open end to a 90 then the boxed end to a 45 and sold it through the side and ran the cable through the boxed end.

Jacksonwolf39 said:
I've got a pretty thick cable lock for my yeti. I took a long 9/16th wrench, put it in a vice and heated it up and beat the open end to a 90 then the boxed end to a 45 and slid it through the side and ran the cable through the boxed end.

jeff150 said:
But they can still steal your beer...

I have a lock I can hook into the lid if I'm worried about them stealing my beer. Only used it twice. I love in tuscaloosa and have yet to have beer stolen. Except by the occasional coworker who grabs one out

My cooler is just a 10 dollar jobby from the Big Lots......has crystal light drink mix in it. Check that....GREAT VALUE powder drink mix. I go hard or I don't go at all..... lol

tonybolton said:
My cooler is just a 10 dollar jobby from the Big Lots......has crystal light drink mix in it. Check that....GREAT VALUE powder drink mix. I go hard or I don't go at all..... lol

If mine wasn't free, that's what I would be rocking.

Here's mine

Attachments

• IMG_6499.jpg
    IMG_6499.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6498.jpg
    IMG_6498.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 96