• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

See Jay Slevin

First thing today was to get the jeep mocked up for running 37's using jack stands and getting the center of the axles 18.5" from the ground front and rear.

Then I clamped the rear TJ flares in place to get a wheel opening refrence and dropped a plum bob down to the axle.

After the wheel base was established and the axle centered I layed out the lower link and coil buckets.

DSC_0342-1.jpg

DSC_0344-1.jpg

DSC_0345-1.jpg

DSC_0346-1.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

I did a layout on the floor to ensure that I was going to get proper triangulation for the upper links.

I set the upper heim joints horizontle I'm not sure I like it but I will see after I am able to cycle the suspension, bump stop and limit strap it. Thats later.

After layout I started my axle mount for the upper links and started fabbing the lower links.

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

I was shooting for 7deg on the lower links I came out with 9deg. On the upper links I wanted level and they came out perfect.

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

Making forward progress! I can't wait to get some tires. Don't laugh
i know I need a trailer. It only goes a couple miles back and fourth to the shop. I working on getting a tandom.

Wheel base is 97" I think I will move the front a little I'd like to see 99"

DSC_0407.jpg

I picked up some bald 37 12.50 17 Goodyear mtr's for cheap on Craigslist. They only have about 15-20% The actual read out is 35" right now but it's a big improvement over what I have.
IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

The wheels are great but a small modification is needed for them to fit on full float axles. There is a lip on the center hole of the wheel and is too small to fit over the hubs.
IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

My tool of choice for this mod is a hand router it can be adjusted just right to run the bearing and keep the cut nice and round. After the cut is made it's cleaned up with a buffer.
IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

The finished product before sanding.
IMG_0097.jpg

I think it looks nice. Good stance. Still have a long way to go though. I plan to move the front forward about 1-1.5"

Last edited:
Been doing a lot of research getting ready to get the rear end together.

The plan is 5:13 gears, ARB, Dutchman axles, and a Tom Woods cv drive shaft.

I also got the jeep off of the booty fab trailer and on the ground for the first time with the wheels and tires. I couldn't be happier with how it's looking.

The tires are 37's but are only about 15-20% They only measure out to 35"
I think some new 37's will be just right. That will come later right now it's all about drivetrain. I want to get this this driving!!!

DSC_0347-1.jpg

DSC_0349-1.jpg

DSC_0350-1.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352-1.jpg

DSC_0353-1.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356-1.jpg

DSC_0357-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been doing some research on my ford external hubs and found that stock replacment parts are almost obsolete and aftermarket are weak and expensive. After asking around on PBB I was given the idea to make my own drive flanges. So here is the start on my "homemade" drive flages for my booty fab external hub dana 44. I should finish tomorow.

rth.jpg

thr.jpg

ghn.jpg

What do these do for the 4.0? Good increase with these?

They have a better spray pattern than the stock injectors, atomizing the fuel better for about a 2mpg increase and smoother throttle curve.

This is achieved with a 4 orifice injector. The stock jeep ones only have one orifice.

I do not know this from personal experiance just yet. This is just what I have found other people are claiming.

They have a better spray pattern than the stock injectors, atomizing the fuel better for about a 2mpg increase and smoother throttle curve.

This is achieved with a 4 orifice injector. The stock jeep ones only have one orifice.

I do not know this from personal experiance just yet. This is just what I have found other people are claiming.
Same injector I installled into my 4.0 cherokee, and yes smoother throttle curve-seemed to get better mileage...

Thanks, I'll have to get some. Pick up yours off ebay or craigslist?

Ebay for $100. reman, tested and flow matched no core charge. Way sweet deal. Plus they install with no modification. :masturbanana[1]:

Last edited:
Nice build thread. Look forward to viewing the final work in progress. But I have to ask. What the heck was wrong with your last jeep. Saw it for sale for a long time. Not sure if you've sold it yet but that thing was pretty f-ing sweet. Just wanted a cj-7 instead? or what:scratchhead:

Nice build thread. Look forward to viewing the final work in progress. But I have to ask. What the heck was wrong with your last jeep. Saw it for sale for a long time. Not sure if you've sold it yet but that thing was pretty f-ing sweet. Just wanted a cj-7 instead? or what:scratchhead:

Thanks! Yeah I miss my old cj5. I've seen it on craigslist a couple times since I sold it. I have built a couple of rigs(4runner and cherokee)but was never happy with them or sold them before I had a chance to finish them. I guess I'm just an open top guy and wasn't going to be happy until I got one. So I plan to build this and keep it. I'm sure it will go through many changes over the years. I can't wait to get out on the trail again. It's been too long.

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Last edited:
I was working on my drive flanges all day sunday I hope to get them done today. Here are a few progress pics. I think I'm going to buy one of those cheap instant garages so I can get more work done during this shitty weather......I hate working outside. I plan to build a two car garage this spring/summer. I can't wait!

pyu.jpg

q.jpg

x.jpg