• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

See Jay Slevin

Nice!
One question though, are you planning on some sort of shield/cover for the pump/rubber hose to protect it from (god-forbid!) suspesion component breaking, or driveline, or a stick coming up thru there? Should be fairly easy to accomplish, ya think?:D

Thanks man. That's a good idea. I'll add it to my list

Well I got my mtr's. Sorry crappy pics. I'll get better ones soon.

a2a4f6d1.jpg

bca5ccc5.jpg

Okay so I finally have my 35 spline axles in and what a chore!! Now I could have saved myself a **** load of headaches if I would have bored the spindles to spec size before narrowing the axle and welding the spindles back on. So here are some pics of the tool I built to help the job go "EASY":shaking:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Don't use one of these.....I burned one up and another like it.......
ca2ec53a.jpg

You will need a high power low speed drill with a 3/4" chuck.....a real man eater:flipoff2:
98cccc89.jpg

So a total of two days, six hours, and three drills I have a 40% increase in strength in my rear Dana 60.......FAWK.

Drove under its own REAR end power for the first time in forever......well for me.:smokin:
e62f7eb6.jpg

6033c3ef.jpg

3afeaa9c.jpg

Brakes are next along with an endless amount of other ****.:looser:

Cool boring guide...:awesomework:
One question, where'd all the chips go?:corn:

Thanks kev haha I like to keep a clean shop. I fawkin hate standing in metal shavings! It was a mess tho. Went through a whole can of rapid tap cutting oil. I should have got an action shot of me drilling and my Dad pushing against my back for feed pressure:haha:

Thanks kev haha I like to keep a clean shop. I fawkin hate standing in metal shavings! It was a mess tho. Went through a whole can of rapid tap cutting oil. I should have got an action shot of me drilling and my Dad pushing against my back for feed pressure:haha:
Actually, I meant the ones that end up inside the housing...:redneck: The ones outside, sure, sweep 'em up before they end up stuck in yer shoes and you walk into the house, scraping the crap outta momma's floor! :mad:

Actually, I meant the ones that end up inside the housing...:redneck: The ones outside, sure, sweep 'em up before they end up stuck in yer shoes and you walk into the house, scraping the crap outta momma's floor! :mad:

Oh those ones:redneck: Yeah I had the gears back out and blew out the tubes with shop air, brake clean, and a telescoping magnet to get anything else. They are nice and clean:awesomework:

Time for Brakes! Hydroboost or vac?

Well guys its time for brakes and I've been doing some searching around and it seems most people are using early 80's corvette MC/Booster, or a hydrobooster from a Astro van and many other combos as well.

I guess I'm turning to you guys for some input. I'm running dual piston calipers up front from a f250 and gm front calipers out back on the rear disc's.
I have a manual mc right now and Im sure that wont work.

Also my prop valve is disc/drum. I've been told I can drill out the check valve on it and it will work for disc/disc. Is this true?

I'm on a tight budget so bang for buck plays a big roll. Personally right now I'm leaning toward Astro van hydroboost and I can build all my own hyd. hoses.

I like my hydroboost. Got it from an Astrovan at a junkyard. 94-97, I think. It cost about 30 dollars. I run a small cooler off the lines. Disk brakes front, and rear, and no special proportioning valves.

I like my hydroboost. Got it from an Astrovan at a junkyard. 94-97, I think. It cost about 30 dollars. I run a small cooler off the lines. Disk brakes front, and rear, and no special proportioning valves.

Awesome thats what I like to hear:cheer: Thanks man

So I cycled the suspension for the very first time, and its not bad. Gonna need some bump stops out back, I plan to move the front axle forward about 1"-1.5" for a little more wheel base and keep the tires out of the fenders. And I'm gonna need a longer slip on my front drive shaft, I knew I would any way. Sorry my little camera is on the fritz so here are some crummy iphone pics.

92510862.jpg

ab209f85.jpg

eed7d133.jpg

b21f0a50.jpg

7fbef543.jpg

So this weekend was a little busy and I only got about half of what I wanted to check off my list done. Most all little things. The biggest I guess was installing the TJ front fender flares. This was no bolt on job. Anyway, I think I'm pretty happy with the end result. I still need some markers.

Over all I ended up cuting over 2" from the back of the fender and making more room for the 37's and a much cleaner look IMO.

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg