• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

See Jay Slevin

The TJ flares look :cool:

Thanks man. I never thought I'd be a guy to run flares. I've always just had my tires sticking way the Fawk out. But I'm growing up.....a little, and kinda sick of getting the hairy eye ball from Jonny Law.:fawkdancesmiley: but I aint goin full coverage...Fawk that. HAHA

Woo Hoo! I got the brakes done and I couldn't be happier!:smokin: I have really awesome stopping power and it feels great! So I still have to get license plates and all that other leagal bull ish, but I took it for a drive a couple times up and down the road this week. So far it drives great. I can tell Im gonna want some good shocks soon, these ones are a little stiff.

I also picked up a set of Ford outter knuckles and pulled the hubs and installed them on my rig. I'll keep the slugs for backup. It will be nice to not have all that junk spinning up front all the time.

I'm working on finishing up a bunch of little things to get it ready for it's first trail run at the end of the month.:D

My old brake set up-Stock Jeep mc, no power
e9abfac4.jpg

My new brake set up-81 corvette mc/bb with fabricated firewall bracket. I know the brake lines look a little tight.....It's on my list.
jeepbrake161.jpg

My wife got to drive "her jeep" (so she thinks) for the first time.:D She was very excited.
20110603_untitled_05.jpg

20110603_untitled_04.jpg

20110603_untitled_03.jpg

20110603_untitled_02.jpg

20110603_untitled_01.jpg

Started my winch plate for my 8274. Can't wait to get it mounted. Jeep looks naked without a winch.

dda78c4b.jpg

After I get the Jeep on the road and work out any of the bugs or mechanical issues I run into. I'm gonna start breaking this project into stages. For instance.

Stage 1: Interior and safty

Family cage tied to frame
Seats and harnesses
Storage
Half doors

Stage 2: Body armor

Finish front bumper
Rocker guards
Corner guards
Rear bumper W/tire carrier

Stage 3: Transfer case

4.1:1 Gears
Twin stick
Clocking ring
Tummy tuck W/UHMW skid plate

I'm not totally stuck to this order but just wanted to let you guys know where this build is going. I can't wait to get to the fun stuff:D

Got the winch mount built and installed. I couldn't be happier. Gotta love the old school look of the 8274

136.jpg

135.jpg

133.jpg

130.jpg

Our first trip with the Jeep went really well. We drove to the trail wheeled all day long and drove home with no problems. It was a sucsessful trip. I'am very pleased. Now to get it all cleaned up and get more **** done on this thing. Here are some pics from the trip. The sammy is my Dad's and the YJ is my uncles rig. We had a great day.

20110629_untitled_01.jpg

20110629_untitled_01-2.jpg

20110629_untitled_02.jpg

20110629_untitled_02-2.jpg

20110629_untitled_03.jpg

20110629_untitled_03-2.jpg

Great pics man, you probably own the nicest camera out of everyone on this site. I really like your jeep... makes me want my 5 back.

Great pics man, you probably own the nicest camera out of everyone on this site. I really like your jeep... makes me want my 5 back.

Thanks man! Yeah I'm lucky to have a wife who loves to wheel and take lots of photos. I miss my ol 5 as well, but this Cj is coming together. I still have lots to do but it was great to get out on the trail.

I've been trying to plan whats next on the cj and I think some rocker protection is in order before I smash it all up. I have a little rust repair to do first but then I started thinking about boat sides or mini boat sides like Gen right ones. (But Ill build them myself) I like the look and the added clearance but I cant decide. I also like the old school classic rocker look as well.

Mini boats?
RCG5303_moab_xl.jpg

More classic look?
Picture_02472028Small29.jpg