• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shamrock Numbers and Donations

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
First off guys, thank you. The people on this board raised all the auction items, came and attended the event, paying your entry, came to the auction and bought stuff.

A special thanks to Randy and Chris Morris for changing the formula on the gate fee to increase the charities share. Thanks to Jimmy Boykin (Dragbody) for being my auctioneer, you do a great job, and raise more money than I could in that job. Thanks to Steve Gorden (S10Me) for being my gopher, from go get that person that did not stop at the pay station, to go round up folks for the weighing and the auction. Thanks to Ben Bone (BBone) for cooking for everyone and paying for all the food. Thanks to Allie Boykin, Steve Gorden, and others that helped me at sign in. Thanks to Cole Shirley (MadRam11) for the tip jar donation. Thanks to Jimmy Boykin and Jonathan Walker that had auction totals of $605 and $970 respectively. I'm sure I missed some important workers and people, so before you get your panties in a wad, thank you too.

I could not raise money for my charity (Shwachman Diamond America) without your help.

For those that could not attend and would like to contribute, please send me a PayPal to [email protected]. It will be about 2 weeks before I send the money into the SDA.

I had a personal goal this year of $5,000.00. That would be more than we had ever given from this event. All I can say is WOW and THANKS. Here are the numbers.

Total paid drivers = 217
Total paid passengers = 247
Free admission workers = 19
Park owners = 3
Total people at event = 486

Gate fees = $4,450
Hardline Shirts = $1,600
Tip Jar = $1,154
Hamburgers = $153
RickyB Shoving hamburger in mouth = $180
Weighing rigs = $210
Auction = $4,071.38
NET CASH TO CHARITY = $11,818.38

Yes $11.818.38.

Wow guys, I am so blessed to have folks like you behind me.

Thank you John, For giving us the opportunity to be able to call you a friend and helping keep this ride alive every year. thanks to jimmy for beating me out of $80 for a shirt and koozie

this is an event that is much more to me and my family than going wheelin... i look forward to that auction and was almost relieved when my belt came off of my water pump so i could go back to camp... i feel like my additude is a double edged sword, im just such an asshole that people cant help but like me :flipoff1: ... i love giving people ****, but as you all know its all for the right reasons... i am floored at the dollar amounts that were raised... thank you and i am glad to call you all my friends... even the democrats... :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

I had a great time helping, wish I could have done more. Thank you to everyone for giving up your weekend to help out someone in need. Mark

I am glad to hear about such a good success story.....Glad the weather held out for the event.

That is awesome! We love coming out to Shamrock Run. It is a laid back event where we get to put the cameras down a little so we can do some wheeling and help raise money for a great cause. I hate i didnt get to come weigh my rig but I had a Busted Knuckle (literally). Watching Jimmy talk people into spending money at the auction is always a good time. :dblthumb:

We plan on being there for years to come.
Thanks for all you do John.

you can mark one more thing up in addition to raising a heck of a lot of money - you are spreading awareness of a really rare and not so well known disorder - to be honest, the first time I had ever heard of Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome is right here on this forum. For over 20 years I have done alot of video and media work for CMN (Children's Miracle Network) and don't ever remember this disorder mentioned in all of the younger people's illnesses that are connected to CMN. great, great work.