• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shift pattern on a toy case gone wrong

Brian H

What would cause a toyota transfer case to lose its j shift pattern? It kinda shifts like a 4.
i took it apart and everything looks good . :mad:

Hmm I have two sticks on my xfercase and they both shift in an 'I' pattern. Must be a Toyota thing :haha: :flipoff:

detent balls on the shifter rails wear out I know you can twin stick them like that

CrustyJeep said:
Hmm I have two sticks on my xfercase and they both shift in an 'I' pattern. Must be a Toyota thing :haha: :flipoff:

Try again enema nozzle...... I too have twin sticks on my t-case but it is in fact a yota case..... figure that one out. :flipoff:

Either the shifter was put in wrong or the inter lock pin is out and some one pulled both rails back at the same time

putting the shifter in wrong just makes your shift pattern back farther. As for the twin stick you can just pull the detent balls and grind the shifter and the rails a bit and control 2-4 H-L independantly

phew said:
putting the shifter in wrong just makes your shift pattern back farther. As for the twin stick you can just pull the detent balls and grind the shifter and the rails a bit and control 2-4 H-L independantly

Ya ok how dose it shift the rails if its not in the slots and pulling the inter lock pin is alot easier than grinding the rails