• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Should I or Should'nt I......

nappyyj

OK I have been contemplating this for the last month or so. Keep my YJ or sell it and get a Yota. My YJ is pretty much already setup for wheeling, ARB's f/r 4:56's, 35' BFG MT's, Rear D44, SYE, M.O.R.E stubby winch bumper w/8000 lbs winch, Cutsom Tube Fenders, SOA with Tera Flex Revo Shackles, Rhino Lined Tub, I just put a new engine in it about 12,000 miles ago, the top is fairly new, it also has custom dents from wheeling Walker Valley.....dang stumps.

So here is my dilemma, I have put all this time and effort into it and I know you never get back what you put in to it but I just dont know if I can part with it. I really want a Toyota p/u or 4runner but I have had my Jeep over 9years now.

So the question I really have is besides the wheelbase what else are the benefits to owning and wheeling a Yota over Jeep. I know the Axles are pretty beefy with the exception of Birfs. But someone convince me why I should sell my Jeep and get a Yota or why I should not and just keep my Jeep.

I thought about that but the only thing is I dont have the money to do that. I have guy that wants to buy my Jeep and then I found a yota that I am interested in, it would need to be regeared and lockers installed and thats it.

i luv yotas, just remember a jeep fits through trees a lot easier than a yota. unless u plan on chopping the rear or flat bed.

nappyyj said:
I thought about that but the only thing is I dont have the money to do that. I have guy that wants to buy my Jeep and then I found a yota that I am interested in, it would need to be regeared and lockers installed and thats it.

Have any buddies with toys? That wouldn't mind letting you drive them or ride along? I'd try that to see if you liked it.

You can find many half build rigs around. It's all up to you on what you want. Me personally, I would stick with the Jeep. But my Jeep accomidates my lifestyle.

First of all you'll have to change your nickname away from nappyyj? :D

If someone would buy mine for the price I was willing to sell for I would and then build a Toy. I want a full cab.

On the other hand..the Jeep is already done....go wheelin and work on broken parts instead of build ups?

I think cost is the big issue. Is someone is willing to pay nicely for your jeep then why not sell it. You have had it a while and want to try something else, whats wrong with that? But karl brings up a good point. Try to rid along/drive a toy and see how you like it first.... just some thoughts....:hi:

Comet said:
What's that supposed to mean?:haha: :kissmyass: :flipoff: :rb:

I don't have any kids, my Jeep is my DD. I'm sure if I had kids, things would change and I would be looking for a bigger vehicle.

KarlVP said:
I don't have any kids, my Jeep is my DD. I'm sure if I had kids, things would change and I would be looking for a bigger vehicle.

Well Karl, that's not at all funny! :flipoff: A buddy of mine used to tease me when I first got my Jeep that the only people that buy Jeeps are dykes (he lives in Ravenna, so it's probably true in that neighborhood). So I was thinking more of the :rb: thing when you said "my lifestyle.":haha: