• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SHOW US YOUR BUTT!!!

I have a similar rack system that I am using for my coal/woodchips. My set up is a stone/block barbeque that is 40" x 46" and the grill top sits 8" below stone sides. I have a swing open door that has 4 shelf height adjustments and I use the door as a flue pipe. I have a steel cover that goes over the entire length of the grill and has a 90 degree bend at the close end and a handle where I can pull it back slightly to allow the smoke to escape at the far end. Pretty Neanderthal, but it works pretty good till I build me something like ya'lls.

CHASMAN9 said:
Got a picture of the homemade smoker? :dunno:

Post up your smokers if you got em. I'd like to get some ideas so I can build one. :dblthumb:
Still a work in progress, have a maple work tray to add to it.
90a69c5b20e7f19281a21c181b83abd0.jpg
ddeb9fd7ed50baed1bccef7b729f75f5.jpg
0d0656fc010d236106694621cb716fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: SHOW US YOUR BUTT!!!

paradisepwoffrd said:
Did he just use a double barrel stove kit? Shovel coals or live fire?
Yeah it's a double barrel kit and he added an extra pipe between the two barrels and he puts coal in the bottom and tosses some wood in for smoke

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hope this works. Installed a banjo burner on the smoker today since the factory one started producing an orange, sooty flame that I couldn't get rid of unless I cranked it up. The new burner can hold a 1/4" flame up to torch status without any orange. Also managed to fit it inside the wind barrier.

Figured id try it out tonight but don't have a ton of time to do a butt or something big so I cubed a pork loin. I'm just going to skewer them and hope they only take about an hour. Letting them hang out in the rub till I get home.

I forgot to get a pic right as they came off. Me thinks they were just a tad over cooked but when I checked temp they were only 130° so I kept going. I think since they're so small they lost some heat before I could get a reading. Damn tasty though.
Meat and potatoes, all a man needs.

Got started at 3:30am on this 9.7lb butt. Planning to have it for lunch today. Rubbed it with some garlic powder and lots of brown sugar yesterday after dinner and let it sit overnight. She's chugging along at 275F and smells wonderful...

IMG_20170114_034749048_HDR_zpsppmr5y5d.jpg

2hrs in...
IMG_20170114_052620866_zps3eun1cnr.jpg

This was my first brisket and probably the best I've ever ate. It took about 11 hrs but sooo worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    735.6 KB · Views: 133
2nd year roasting a goat for our 4H fundraiser and I'm always amazed at how good it come out.
4826e27a92a38291b84b2259af1a7ebe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I got 2- 7 pound butts ready to do some grilling this weekend. What's your favorite way to cook them over coal? I'm looking for suggestions. :eat:

ADMINISTRATOR