• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Side by Side or Crawler?

79Ford

Ok so I have been watching the videos and hearing all my friends talking about these things. What do yall think sell the heep and buy a rzr or would I be miserable? I think I would get more use out of a rzr. I really like my Jeep when I can get out and ride but that seems to be happening less and less. Most of my buddies are wheelin less and less some of them already sold their junk and bought SxS. I just don't know how well a rzr will hold up either I am kinda hard on equipment.

See my article above. My RZR is 10x more fun than any buggy I have ever owned and I have owned some kick ass buggies.

I have had buggies for a while and some good ones to say the least. They were all fun, but when I bought a rzr it is like night and day really because of the maintanence and ease of use. I have climbed some stupid stuff around the house with my S and haven't felt un easy in it yet.

The draw back is all my friends still have buggies, so I am kinda the tag along now. If I could have both I would, but overall the RZR is the best all around rig. Plus my wife can get on it and get my 1 year old neice asleep in seconds and that will come in handy in about 5 months for me. :dblthumb:

sxs are lots cheaper to keep up and i love crawling but have a better time in the sxs :driving: :drinkers:

SXS are a friggin blast! Especially if all you friends have one :****: the RZRs will suprise you at what they will climb and are a lot cheaper to ride and maintain and you can even get a small trailer and just throw it on there and go and not feel like a chore to ride :dblthumb:

Post this thread in general and I'm sure you'll get totally different answers.

All depends where ya ride and what your friends ride. Selling my crawler **** for rzr was the best thing I did. I like my XP & for the $$ I could have a kick ass crawler, however, I couldn't put anything together for the $$ that does both dunes and trails as well as my RZR does. Awesome for the places I go. Also, tons of fun at local private land where the trails are better suited for RZR's. Oh and the fact that I can tow my RZR on a tiny trailer getting good mileage behind my Tacoma is a bonus too thumb.gif

seems like parts are more expensive for a sxs than a crawler.

i only have 5grand in my xj and i have a blast. when i used to wheel a sxs i was always fixing stuff and it was very $$$$. the only pluses i could think of were it was alot easier to tow around and load up.

whats the avg repair cost of the rzr on an avg part? i guess if you can afford the cost of an rzr then you can afford the repairs.... they sure do look like hella fun!

Ya post up about average cost of a RZR ride it cost me about $300 to ride my Jeep one GOOD weekend. I was just thinking the RZR would be more fun around the house and on the farm, but if you take one out to a park I bet it would be comparable to taking the Heep.

79Ford said:
Ya post up about average cost of a RZR ride it cost me about $300 to ride my Jeep one GOOD weekend. I was just thinking the RZR would be more fun around the house and on the farm, but if you take one out to a park I bet it would be comparable to taking the Heep.

6 of one, half a dozen of another

rzr ride cheap on tow rig fuel... crawler not as much but I had a different tow rig so its apples and oranges... no expensive breaks w/ rzr so far knock on wood... but never really broke anything expensive crawlin, just axle shafts and junkyard parts.

MUCHADO said:
6 of one, half a dozen of another

rzr ride cheap on tow rig fuel... crawler not as much but I had a different tow rig so its apples and oranges... no expensive breaks (not covered under warrenty) w/ rzr so far knock on wood... but never really broke anything expensive crawlin, just axle shafts and junkyard parts.

They are a blast to ride, but if everyone you ride with has buggies you will be missing your buggy

if you get out and enjoy the SXS by themselves with a groupd of SXSs you have have a lot of fun

Probably the most expensive thing ull break on a rzr or side by side is gonna be a axle.. and thats about 250 with cv's.. i got a 2001 rzr and the rear axles are smaller than previous year models. i have put 2010 rzr s axles in it and that was about 500. other than that u might break a hub and thats about 30 or 40.. buts that if u ride really hard

flipper101 said:
Probably the most expensive thing ull break on a rzr or side by side is gonna be a axle.. and thats about 250 with cv's.. i got a 2001 rzr and the rear axles are smaller than previous year models. i have put 2010 rzr s axles in it and that was about 500. other than that u might break a hub and thats about 30 or 40.. buts that if u ride really hard
Ha, my buddy miles breaks a hub every single time he goes out. I've broken both rears and have fasco billet fronts. I've not broken a front shaft yet, Miles has with all his broken hubs. Most of my buddys have broken rears and the best bet is to upgrade to super atv's Rhino's $225 a corner.
Only 2 guys in my group have blown up rear diffs. Lay put a tranny out of his.
Really, no matter what you tear up you won't be out much more than a grand with how many of these are getting parted. Most things are $200ish now, and half large for a diff, or trans, under a grand for an engine.

blacksheep10 said:
Yup, pick what crowd you run with .
Around here its a no brainer, no parks for crawlers, sxs's ride behind my house.
I still can't get rid of a rig, too much fun. Rigs are more expensive unless you wheel a stock jeep and drive easy

EXACTLY.

That bein said.. i'm ready for another night ride! :drinkers: booyang :woot:

Magic word- financing. Major decision maker for most people. Not everyone can drop major coin on a juggy or tube buggy and lets face it, no bank will loan money on one. Was one of my pros. Decent credit- you walk in the dealership and 2 hours later youre tearing it up. Plus to build something on a budget takes time to build and time to accumulate funds. My wife and I considered a jeep and decided on our teryx. Smaller trailer, dont need as big a tow rig, and can go all day on 3 gallon of gas

im on my second rzr. first had a 08 and had all kinds of **** on it.. had about 20 tied up in it. its just like every other sport. u can can put all the money u want to in just like a buggy. i looked at the rhino axles for my 11 but i just went ahead and bought a stocker. does gorrila make axles for the 11 yet. pretty much i think a rzr over a buggy cause usally u can go play in it and put it up and when u want to go riding again u can just crank it up and go.