• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Simple Storage Project/False Floor

BroncoMike1

Wasn't sure where to post this, not exactly a tech write up and hardly worthy of the Fab Den.

I wanted a place to hide stuff like recovery gear and parts so I didn't have to take them out of the truck all the time and I also wanted to be able to sleep in the back without having to remove the rear seat. So I built a false floor with a small door in the back so I could put stuff underneath and it also raises the bed area almost level with the back seat when it's folded down but not forward. I also carpeted it so at a glance, you don't really notice there is anything back there.

It's not quite finished, I'm going to add some tie down points off to the sides to secure coolers and additional tools when wheeling. I also made some side panels for the back with a hi-lift mount and the carpeting on those match.

DSCN1481_zps9dd75466.jpg

SSCN1506_zpsae1f02da.jpg

SSCN1507_zps35c10207.jpg

SSCN1508_zpse2c22071.jpg

SSCN1510_zpsf9cfb74c.jpg

SSCN1509_zpsd4a5ad9d.jpg

thats pretty sweet you should put a hinge on it right behind the seat to lift up the whole top. its going to get old having to pull everything out when you need to grab something in the back. it will be heavy with a cooler strapped to it but if your like me you only take one on longer trips anyways.

I like it, I might have to do that someday if I ever get a rig that is enclosed.

Thanks man. I considered hinging it at the front but with as much stuff as I'll have back there, I don't think I could lift it. I may make a tray that slides in with dividers to keep things organized.

Very cool...Always nice to have dry storage! :awesomework:
Moved to the Garage, as this is the area for those doing mods/builds on their own rigs to post their creations in ... the Fab Den is for the vendors to use. :awesomework:

Thanks man. I considered hinging it at the front but with as much stuff as I'll have back there, I don't think I could lift it. I may make a tray that slides in with dividers to keep things organized.

That would work good too! Buddy of mine is possibly getting a runner tomorrow I will pitch the idea to him its a great idea for storage in a solid top rig.