• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SM465 into Toyota

It's not pretty. Even after taking a small section out of the firewall so i could scoot the motor back farther the shifter comes up right under the radio. Have to cut the bottom off of the area the radio mounts in and extend the the shift lever back some. nothin hard but you'll need a new place for the radio:redneck:

I know that Crash modded his to fit, seems (IIRC) that he welded a plate of some sort to the shifter fork so that he could move the shifter further back(also making more room to clear the heater box) then heated and bent the shifter, and cutting off the excess, and as emeril would say BAM!! there ya go

spidertoy said:
I know that Crash modded his to fit, seems (IIRC) that he welded a plate of some sort to the shifter fork so that he could move the shifter further back(also making more room to clear the heater box) then heated and bent the shifter, and cutting off the excess, and as emeril would say BAM!! there ya go

His motor must be real far forward if it didn't clear the heater box. I need to learn more about this plate though...

I will try and get a pic of mine later today, but I cut off the shifter a couple inches above the tranny then made a plate with a hole in it kinda in the shape of a streched home plate, and welded the short part of the shifter to the plate through the hole. With the remaining part of the shifter I flipped it over and welded it to the top of the plate to get it to come back to where I wanted it.