• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SM465 on the road

1-2 shift servo I think it is... One of the upgrades is to get one out of a high performance car such as a camaro or vette. NOT the other way around. But look at it this way, he got a better part in the trade and you got a piece of **** trans. Sounds like a good deal for him. :eeek:

ya, i think so! it's only a $30 part, no biggie, but i didnt know what he was talking about at the time, hense me taking it to a shop, the only part other than drivelines that i've had that done with...:mad: but he sort of explained it to me in a non-chelaunt way to make it sound like i wasnt going to wreck the tranny again (ran it low on oil i think:rolleyes: my fault) but climbing hills at naches it was literally boiling oil past the seals, now i have a second cooler aside from the radiator, hadnt had issues before with the vette servo thingy.... now when i take off from a stop it just feels laggy and like everything is slipping....i'm sure i could complain, but no point now...

slippage equals heat. the clutches and band work exactly like a clutch in a manual. If you are slow on and of the clutch pedal and you slip the **** out of the clutch it is nice and easy and smooth but at the expense of the clutch. If you side step the clutch with every shift then yea it is hard on parts, there is a happy medium that is easy to get but your guy is a tard. :haha:

A fluid and filter change along with a quart of trans-x with a few adjustments will make your trans live long enough to get the manual stuff lined up. :;

slippage equals heat. the clutches and band work exactly like a clutch in a manual. If you are slow on and of the clutch pedal and you slip the **** out of the clutch it is nice and easy and smooth but at the expense of the clutch. If you side step the clutch with every shift then yea it is hard on parts, there is a happy medium that is easy to get but your guy is a tard. :haha:

A fluid and filter change along with a quart of trans-x with a few adjustments will make your trans live long enough to get the manual stuff lined up. :;

Ya, it was early on, he was someone my dad found through a guy at work, he did HOT RODS, they're a bit different than off-road. I'm not going back to him, he's not my transmission guy...let's make that clear! :D

You know i'm not the hardest on parts, but i like to get on the gas from time to time. plus it's been REALLY hard to adjust the TPS with the slushy shifting.:mad:

Do a bit of maintainance and swap the servo back out (google is your friend) and see what it does for you. If the fluid got hot enough to boil past the seals the fluid is toast.

Do a bit of maintainance and swap the servo back out (google is your friend) and see what it does for you. If the fluid got hot enough to boil past the seals the fluid is toast.

oh ya, i've been looking, i remember finding one somewhere...:eeek:

But i'm thinking the NV4500 isnt as bad i was used to think, swap wise, just spendy to start.:awesomework:

I totally agree with you, a manual swap isn't all that tough at all. A hydrolic master and slave cylinder and some fabbed mounts will make it real easy. But I'd still do a filter swap and add trans x. :;

Latest posts