• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

smittybuilt xrc10 winch problem

anyone know what kind of solenoid would replace my crapy old one

• huh

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • huh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think MattO had some problems with his smittybuilt winch and ended up fixing it. May try sending him a message

Never worked on a smittybuilt xrc10 but we always used ford starter solenoids on old warns. Yes I know they don't have the constant duty ratings and all but they work. If it is a solenoid issue??? Like said before what is the specific problem and I am assuming you are hitting solenoids to get it to work??

Yea the solenoid are crap I have disassemble them to try and clean. Then it starts working for a bit. will I need just one of those Ford solenoids or two?

I have solenoid problems with mine too, and I actually broke the damn thing the first time using it. I called them, and they talked me thru tearing it down and we thought I fixed it (it actually worked, just with no load). First attempt with a load, same thing. Called again and they want me to pull it off again to just tear into it again. Im not a Smittybilt winch mechanic, am I?

Broken issue Im having- I go to spool it in with a load and it just doesnt grab. The spool will spin, but just "clanks" and doesnt grab to actually spool the cable in

I found a CL xrc8 that would run but not spool. Took it apart and found that there is a gear which snaps into one side of the second (third?) planetary. This way when the planetary is driven, it turns this gear which drives the inside of the next planetary. But it's not obvious, and later designs integrate the gear with the planetary so that it can't ever snap out. Maybe open it up and see if there is a loose spur gear hanging out?