The amendments will exempt construction and maintenance of recreational
trails from their onerous and extremely expensive current processes. We
NEED these amendments passed or it will take hundreds of thousands of
dollars to comply with the current codes and get our trails built at Reiter
Trails!

Bill Lider (local anti-OHV/anti-access zealot) will be there to tell the
county that they can't add the
exclusions to their planning codes.

We need to have OHV Positive people on our side there to counter him.

Below is the link to the meeting agenda and some of the info that we need
the county to get passed.

If not, Reiter will be delayed longer yet.

http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/docume...1webupdate.pdf

Section 3. States that Snohomish County Code Section 30.63A.200 is amended to add to add general exemptions for the construction and maintenance of recreational trails provided that certain criteria are met.

Section 4. States that Snohomish County Code Section 30.63B.070 is amended to add to add land disturbing activity permit exemptions for the
construction and maintenance of recreational trails provided that certain
criteria are met.

Tod do you have the link to the speaker registration?

I believe if you want to speak at the hearing you have to pre register is that still correct?

Tod do you have the link to the speaker registration?

I believe if you want to speak at the hearing you have to pre register is that still correct?

I don't see where pre-registration is required, but I could be wrong.

Also, the agenda does list where to send written testimony.

Thanks to Shocker, Nowires and other we made it past this step.

At least two of the county planning commissioners said that they changed their vote based on our testimony.

Participation matters.

The change in county law has to now be approved by the county council.
This will take more hard work and quality testimony.

And Lider once again had a nice handout about the "Damage" that our "Pollution Generating Machines" have done at Walker. He made another trip up on Feb 14th to document it.

The comissioners even went a step further by adding private lands to the amendment. Absolutely shocked!!!

The thing that amazed me is that all of them were fixed on Reiter. But the true fact is out door recreation won. If this change didn't happen, all new trails in Snohomish county would have came to a stop. All of the trails at Lords hill and also all the mods at Wallis falls, along with the gulch trail system. There was millons of dollars riding on there decision tonight.

As much as Reiter is changing the way new ORV areas might be built. Also Snohomish county setting the code for other countys through out the state. Wa DOE set some stiff rules, Reiter and Sno county is just the first to go through the process

4 countys in the state have adopted the new regs and the rest have to in the next year. This is something that we all need to watch. Or start figuring out how to get more trails on FS land

Thanks to everyone that was there tonight, We all kicked ass:cheer: