• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snorkel

Well, I have my Air intake in the cab of my Jeep. It keeps the water out when I am floating down the Skykomish. Plus, if I ever get pulled over, I can pour my beer into the intake so I won't get in trouble.

Rock_Crusher said:
some years ago... I made a Snorkle for my sidekick... it did come in handy for many trails around the PNW, so i have to disagree w/ they don't have a place here in the PNW, yet it's easier to avoid deep water & all the touble that comes w/ it as well. i used to like deep water / mud / etc. some trails just have huge holes that get filled in wintertime. a Snorkle has it's place...

if built right.

I made mine outta PVC from the carb out the fender, and the part that ran up the along side the windshield was poop pipe *(metal / steel) it took a good beating from side scrapes / etc w/ trees... walls... I tried routing it through the inside of the cab... but it was loud, some do mount the intake inside the cabs up at the top... but the noise is terrible when reving...

I got a funny video of the sidekick, floating in the river... anyone know how to upload it on the internet from my camcorder?

I would have to say your side kick shouldnt have been in the river anyways... BIG FINE

cropjf6.jpg

Good thing you outlined where the snorkel is in this pic, w/the camo we might have missed it. :redneck:

roccrawler said:
I would have to say your side kick shouldnt have been in the river anyways... BIG FINE

I didn't plan on being in the river... I crossed a path / trail... and just sort of got carried away... floated away more like it... I gas it - peddle to the floor, and starting gaining momentum... enough to turn and head back to shore.

it was crazy!

I was floating... scared shitless... and almost panicked. instead of jumping out, I stomped the go peddle... it was pretty cool... never again will i try that path / trail. but it was cool... Deep Water / Mud Holes suck...

Rock_Crusher said:
some years ago... I made a Snorkle for my sidekick... it did come in handy for many trails around the PNW, so i have to disagree w/ they don't have a place here in the PNW, yet it's easier to avoid deep water & all the touble that comes w/ it as well. i used to like deep water / mud / etc. some trails just have huge holes that get filled in wintertime. a Snorkle has it's place...

if built right.

I made mine outta PVC from the carb out the fender, and the part that ran up the along side the windshield was poop pipe *(metal / steel) it took a good beating from side scrapes / etc w/ trees... walls... I tried routing it through the inside of the cab... but it was loud, some do mount the intake inside the cabs up at the top... but the noise is terrible when reving...

I got a funny video of the sidekick, floating in the river... anyone know how to upload it on the internet from my camcorder?

And damn those rims are almost the same size as the tires :wtf:

Latest posts