• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snorkel

RiverRat0021 said:
My truck is an 86. I have had problems with mud and water flyingh up into the air box area.

I've seen some pretty sweeeeeeet ones that have been made from PVC pipe....pretty inexpensive too.

Snorkels would be the **** right now with all the flooding :cool:

Jobless said:
I've seen some pretty sweeeeeeet ones that have been made from PVC pipe....pretty inexpensive too.

Snorkels would be the **** right now with all the flooding :cool:

can we get a picture of your snorkels:kissmyass:

Boonie Buster said:
can we get a picture of your snorkels:kissmyass:

This one is pretty cool

039028_big.jpg

skrause said:
Snorkels are overrated.... unless your truck is under 5' of water right now. :flipoff:

In which case your front & rear diffs, t-case, tranny, u-joints, distributor & interior would be full of water anyways

Jobless said:
In which case your front & rear diffs, t-case, tranny, u-joints, distributor & interior would be full of water anyways
Pretty much :haha: now pardon me while I go find a snorkel for my Dodge so I can get home...

Jobless said:

not if you install the above mentioned snorkels on your rig they won't be:cool:

It is not that i am going through ridiculas amounts of water but i am having to repace to many air filters because of water and mud being thrown up from the tires. For the distributer ihave a rubber boot on it and that is working well.

I could have used one yesterday :haha: I went in to the back alley with my to to winch out my '70 ford with my camper on it and I had watter up to the hood. Would have been bad if I hadnt relocated my airbox to right in front of the firewall.

And I kept loosing my power steering when my belts were underwatter :haha:

Gonna have to do a full fluids change before I take my truck out again... I know my difs are full of watter, not oil :mad:

maybe a reusable air filter and some sort of shield to deflect upcoming spray? or you could always build something cool like this :redneck:

129_05ttc_day3_11l_z.jpg

Latest posts