• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snowmobiling

snowmobiliers are uppity :haha: some are, some are not. but just like any motorized sport there are the have and have nots. I know enough people that I could go out and have a good time even though I dont own a sled or any piece of gear.

snowmobiliers are uppity :haha: some are, some are not. but just like any motorized sport there are the have and have nots. I know enough people that I could go out and have a good time even though I dont own a sled or any piece of gear.

:awesomework:just like there are "those jeepers" in wheelin:stirpot:

just got back about 30 minutes ago from a great day of sledding. granted the snow was super wet and slick as well as having around a 16 or 20 inch layer of powder but it was a great first ride of the season.

Went riding Tuesday at our Secret Squirrel Spot. Snow SUCKED! Wet and heavy, about 30 inches of soft, newish snow, about 50 inches total, and rained all day. Didn't see another rider all day (as usual) and only followed a single sled track in the the bottom of the good stuff. My dad got stuck on a face on accident, we got him dug out an went back into the tree's to play a little while, when we came back, a large slide had come down just 50 feet from where he was stuck. While we were surveying the situation, another slide came down and burried the spot where he was stuck. We watched many natural slides come down, and heard many more. Dangerous!

As far as my sled went, I really like my front suspension as apposed to last year. We added spindles off a GENII and removed the sway bar, allowed me to get the sled up on 1 ski much better. Found that right about 4000 feet, my sled starts running rich, lacking lower end throttle response, about 3500 it runs perfect, looks like I am gonna have to get an inbetween set of jets. My 159" track preformed flawlessly, I didn't get stuck once, just tip'd the sled over a few times. My dad on his 151" got stuck twice.

I can tell my sled is gonna be a climber!:cheer: She may not preform as well as I like in the trees because of the longer track, but o well, got a good deal on the track. Ordered some longer shocks from ebay, should be about 2" longer, they are stock shocks off a 99 RMK. Thinking I want a two wheel kit and some 8" wheels also.

Went riding Tuesday at our Secret Squirrel Spot. Snow SUCKED! Wet and heavy, about 30 inches of soft, newish snow, about 50 inches total, and rained all day. Didn't see another rider all day (as usual) and only followed a single sled track in the the bottom of the good stuff. My dad got stuck on a face on accident, we got him dug out an went back into the tree's to play a little while, when we came back, a large slide had come down just 50 feet from where he was stuck. While we were surveying the situation, another slide came down and burried the spot where he was stuck. We watched many natural slides come down, and heard many more. Dangerous!

As far as my sled went, I really like my front suspension as apposed to last year. We added spindles off a GENII and removed the sway bar, allowed me to get the sled up on 1 ski much better. Found that right about 4000 feet, my sled starts running rich, lacking lower end throttle response, about 3500 it runs perfect, looks like I am gonna have to get an inbetween set of jets. My 159" track preformed flawlessly, I didn't get stuck once, just tip'd the sled over a few times. My dad on his 151" got stuck twice.

I can tell my sled is gonna be a climber!:cheer: She may not preform as well as I like in the trees because of the longer track, but o well, got a good deal on the track. Ordered some longer shocks from ebay, should be about 2" longer, they are stock shocks off a 99 RMK. Thinking I want a two wheel kit and some 8" wheels also.

right on wheres your squirril spot at:D and if you no how to adjust your carbs instead of changing main jets mess with the clip on your needle jet, yeah all the wedge chassis are good for is climbing especially with an ultra motor and a 159, i am still working on swapping my ultra motor in, basically i dont have the cash to buy the engine plate a i need right now, but when i do:awesomework: also its gettin a 163 this time:stirpot:

didn't read the whole thread, but ya i ride, M8. Need a riding partner, will keep up w/anyone, need to find some good group to ride with, Im out of north bend. Use to ride with greenie :looser: sold his sled. my other buddies either moved or sold there sleds. I don't like trail or digging out others all day. Pow and boondocking is the best. :beer::beer::beer:

right on wheres your squirril spot at:D and if you no how to adjust your carbs instead of changing main jets mess with the clip on your needle jet, yeah all the wedge chassis are good for is climbing especially with an ultra motor and a 159, i am still working on swapping my ultra motor in, basically i dont have the cash to buy the engine plate a i need right now, but when i do:awesomework: also its gettin a 163 this time:stirpot:

ya i know how to tune my carb(well somewhat), which direction would i move the needle? up to get phatter, down to get leaner? i was figuring just gettin a 005 jet size smaller, cause i do run low altitudes (1500-2000ft is the normal unload spot) to get to my spot

this secret squirrel spot is undisclosable:redneck:

:flipoff: gotta go one bigger eh?:D you gonna go a 3.0 track pitch? i kinda wish i woulda had the money to buy a 151x2.5 in 3.0 pitch, but got a good deal on the 159x2.25 in a 2.52 pitch

hoping to go at least one more time, maybe saturday, before i am back to school:booo:

ya i know how to tune my carb(well somewhat), which direction would i move the needle? up to get phatter, down to get leaner? i was figuring just gettin a 005 jet size smaller, cause i do run low altitudes (1500-2000ft is the normal unload spot) to get to my spot

this secret squirrel spot is undisclosable:redneck:

:flipoff: gotta go one bigger eh?:D you gonna go a 3.0 track pitch? i kinda wish i woulda had the money to buy a 151x2.5 in 3.0 pitch, but got a good deal on the 159x2.25 in a 2.52 pitch

hoping to go at least one more time, maybe saturday, before i am back to school:booo:

yeah you can go a half size bigger i think... i am running 170-190-170 with my c clip in the middle, drop the clip to raise the needle makes it richer

yeah well my bro is getting a new track on his dragon so i am taking that one and i am not sure what the pitch is, prob 3.0 so i will get some 9 tooth anti ratchet drivers to go with it, custom drop and roll with my edge case, 19/42 hyvo wide chain and gears, hillclimb anyone:D

wish i could go out this weekend but i have already made plans to go slay some birds on the eastside:cool:

yeah you can go a half size bigger i think... i am running 170-190-170 with my c clip in the middle, drop the clip to raise the needle makes it richer

yeah well my bro is getting a new track on his dragon so i am taking that one and i am not sure what the pitch is, prob 3.0 so i will get some 9 tooth anti ratchet drivers to go with it, custom drop and roll with my edge case, 19/42 hyvo wide chain and gears, hillclimb anyone:D

wish i could go out this weekend but i have already made plans to go slay some birds on the eastside:cool:

holy ****, i think i am runnin quite a bit larger main jets than that, hell, even stock is larger than that :eeek: 270 ya mean? i think i am runnin high 300's or low 400's, cant remember, as i had it setup, runnin good last spring an didnt mess with it since

doesnt look like we r gonna get any snow, so it aint even worth the gass anyways

what happened to keepin ur new sled semi stock?:D

holy ****, i think i am runnin quite a bit larger main jets than that, hell, even stock is larger than that :eeek: 270 ya mean? i think i am runnin high 300's or low 400's, cant remember, as i had it setup, runnin good last spring an didnt mess with it since

doesnt look like we r gonna get any snow, so it aint even worth the gass anyways

what happened to keepin ur new sled semi stock?:D

yeah i mean 370-390-370 and ah you no how it goes... snowball effect:redneck:

yeah i mean 370-390-370 and ah you no how it goes... snowball effect:redneck:

i know it all too well. I was scoping a 1200 3 cylinder 2 stroke Polaris watercraft motor on ebay. Completly rebuilt, and came with carbs,oil pump, and water pump. Only $2000:drooling1:

i know it all too well. I was scoping a 1200 3 cylinder 2 stroke Polaris watercraft motor on ebay. Completly rebuilt, and came with carbs,oil pump, and water pump. Only $2000:drooling1:

damn but fawk that i would never buy a motor of ebay, i bet you don't get wat you thought you were buying:looser:

damn but fawk that i would never buy a motor of ebay, i bet you don't get wat you thought you were buying:looser:

i know:booo: i am just a poor college student dreaming, :D

we actually sold my dad's old RXL 650 motor for like $500 on ebay, we only started it at $200 that thing was 15 years old, never had a rebuild, had been ridden hard for 15 years(riding double, climbs, boondocking) an was still runnin strong till the computer crapped out

nw-grand: i can ride whenever ridings good. no sled in my name till after i get a house, but i am looking foward to a ride on pops' M7 once or twice this year.
i love pointin that cat uphill:beer:

Speaking of motors for sale, got a rebuilt XCR 800, bored carbs, vforce reeds, doug ruth porting, crankshop triple pipes and motor plate for an IQR. Think my bro is asking 3100.00 for the whole set up. Sneek peek of the Turbo Nytro motor going in the IQR....

Last edited:
couple pics of my old ultra built own on my when i was 15:awesomework:

Attachments

• old ultra.jpg
    old ultra.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 172
  • old ultra 2.jpg
    old ultra 2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 171
Put my longer front shocks on. Went from 16" at the bumper to 17.5". Originally before I put the front spindles on, it was at 14.5" Totally changed the sled. Gets up on 1 ski way easier than my dad's Gen II. Can't wait to ride it. NEED SNOW

I miss snowmobiling like crazy. My last sled was an 03 REV MXZ-X 600. I would get into it again but the price of sleds has gotten too rich for my blood. I sold mine in 2007. Here is a pic from my last trip out in Montana before I moved here.
1-13-07TetonPass004.jpg

Headin up to Canyon Creek to ride the Excelsior Ridge side tommorow. Should be deep 7" tonight and 15" tommorow expected. First ride of the year for me. I'm going to be beat up tommorow night:awesomework: