• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I think I messed up a little

I wouldn't worry about welding on a way to clamp it

If you cut a piece of 1/8" into some kind of unique shape and form it around the body to cover the slit you could make it look pretty neat. Just don't weld too much and get back to where you were.

pholmann said:
Would it not be easier to call it a 50-100$ **** up and cut em off and buy new ones?
That crossed my mind but I was worried how many times I'd keep messing it up.

JDodd said:
I wouldn't worry about welding on a way to clamp it

If you cut a piece of 1/8" into some kind of unique shape and form it around the body to cover the slit you could make it look pretty neat. Just don't weld too much and get back to where you were.
Thought about that too. They're still really tight. Need to pry them apart pretty good just to get them in. I think I need to find something about 2 3/4" and pound it up in there.

Re: Re: So I think I messed up a little

pholmann said:
Well, whats the proper way to do this? Clamp a piece of tubing the correct size in and then weld em on?
Slide in 2"x.25 dom leave pinch bolts loose, weld in sections, leave tube in until cool. Done

Part of me thinks I just put too much heat into them. The passenger side went relatively easier and I welded that with the pulse on the tig. Maybe shorter beads and plenty of cool down time in between would help.

Final answere. They finally go in and out no problem. They stay in fine without the tighteners on the bottom but didn't want to risk them blowing out the side.