• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

TacomaJD said:
No, I already was gonna meet him at his credit union Friday morning so he could pay off his loan and give me the title. It was a done deal, I don't fawk around when I tell someone I'm gonna buy their ****. I text him and told him I was going with a new one and did not care to paypal him $50 for his time because I would hate like hell to be done that way as a seller, and I hate even more being the buyer that does it.

$9500 was the price for it. Far cheaper and cleaner of a ride than any other 900 I've found, but that 3 year warranty on a new 570 is worth a whole lot.

I'm all for buying new over used, trust me, I highly recommend you go buy new. But LOL on you for thinking Polaris warranty is any good. Good luck is all I have to say...

ibrokeit said:
I'm all for buying new over used, trust me, I highly recommend you go buy new. But LOL on you for thinking Polaris warranty is any good. Good luck is all I have to say...

You definitely want to makes friends with someone at the dealer

muddinmetal said:
You definitely want to makes friends with someone at the dealer

And FWIW, mine only had 1200ish miles on it went I totaled it, and I stayed out of the mud. And was as worn out as Marsha.

If you plan to lift it, save your money and don't buy the warranty.
I'd put the biggest tire possible without lifting it if I were you.

My brothers 800 ranger is like 4 years old and only had 2 cv boots replaced but it doesnt get abused, theres nothing wrong buying a good used unit but its ur money man and im a firm believer in buying what u really want the first time and do it right, saves ya money in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

All this info is really helpful for me to relay to my brother in law. (He's ready to buy a 570xp). Please keep reporting in if you buy the new one. Not trying to stay in your business, but any info on price and experience at the dealership is greatly appreciated. We're in North GA and Jasper TN doesn't look too far at all. Abernathy's was kind of a stretch. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

tyldyl12 said:
All this info is really helpful for me to relay to my brother in law. (He's ready to buy a 570xp). Please keep reporting in if you buy the new one. Not trying to stay in your business, but any info on price and experience at the dealership is greatly appreciated. We're in North GA and Jasper TN doesn't look too far at all. Abernathy's was kind of a stretch. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've called Abernathy's, Battle Creek, and Mountain Motorsports and Battle Creek treated me the best over the phone. I mentioned cash sale during all three conversations to try obtaining the best price, and only Battle Creek acted like they were there to satisfy their customer. The lady asked me where the price would have to be at to make a sale and I said I would like to get one for under $10k and she came back with $10,300 out the door was the best she could do, and that is $100 cheaper than Abernathy's.

I said well several dealers have the base 570 full size unit with the McPherson struts on sale for $8500 and it retails for $9,999. Ok, the 570 full size xp only retails for $1300 more, which would be $9,800 in comparison with the price margin on the 570 base, so I figured I could get one for $10k flat or less. She said there is no rebates on the xp570 and it has a 3 year warranty where the 570 base had either 6 months or a year warranty (can't remember).

Also a good point to look at is the new 570 xp has 46 hp and the '13 model first year of the xp 900 ranger only had 60 hp I believe, so the new 570 does not lack just a whole lot behind the first gen xp 900 model.

I've got 3 or 4 friends that have bought new Polaris units from Battle Creek and I reckon they all checked around or were recommended to Battle Creek. I was really pleased with the customer service at Battle Creek over the others. The guy at Mountain Motorsports was supposed to call me back with a price on a '15 holdover 570 price. See in '15, the base model was the xp version with the dual a-arm suspension, but with 44 hp instead of 46. Now for 2016 they used old 800xp chassis' with McPherson struts and made that the new base model 570 full size and it also lacks the pro fit cab integrated system like the 570xp and 900xp has. But anyways, the fawker from Mountain Motorsports has not called me back and they are closed now, so I doubt I hear from them. Marietta is a longer haul for me anyways.

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Neal3000 said:
Thats seems like a LOT of miles for a polaris, when i was researchng buying a used xp a while back, iirc the general consensus on rzr-forum was that a lot of them need a rebuild somewhere around 2500-3000 miles
I was talking to the folks that we rented rzr from in vegas that pretty much rent them out every day. They told me they do a complete rebuild once a year at the 20k mile mark. After about e years of abuse from idiot drivers and the desert they are gone in about 3 years with 60k. There ground is a little more rough than ours is.

Re:

Provided they aren't mud machines, I have yet to figure out why bearings, bushings, and ball joints would wear out so fast on em. Even if they do, that can't cost too much for parts to replace.

I still like the thought of buying new when spending $10k. Not a lot of money to some, but it is to me and I had rather protect my investment the best I can, and in a few years when I am ready to sell and have taken excellent care of it, I will be able to sell it fairly easily.

Re:

Just my thoughts, if it's nothing your going to keep for a few years I would buy used. I would see you taking a bigger loss when you sale a pretty new unit relatively soon.

Drive them all, look for demo days and such. Good luck.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Just my thoughts, if it's nothing your going to keep for a few years I would buy used. I would see you taking a bigger loss when you sale a pretty new unit relatively soon.

Drive them all, look for demo days and such. Good luck.
I agree you better be ready to keep it for a few years buying new! Look at how Much the 900xp that you backed out on cost new and how much he is loosing!

Re:

al1tonyota said:
I agree you better be ready to keep it for a few years buying new! Look at how Much the 900xp that you backed out on cost new and how much he is loosing!

I def plan on keeping it for a few years, I'm just not one of those people that you'll see wheeling the same immaculate machine 10 years down the road and even though it's dated, it still looks new. I like change too much. As I said before, I have powersports adhd. molaugh

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I def plan on keeping it for a few years, I'm just not one of those people that you'll see wheeling the same immaculate machine 10 years down the road and even though it's dated, it still looks new. I like change too much. As I said before, I have powersports adhd. molaugh

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

TacomaJD said:

WTF, is wrong with having dated rigs that's clean. :Joc:

Re:

Yeah actually the old man called me last week. He turned over a small loader on the corner of his pond and his arm was under it trapping him underwater, so he moved around where he could put his feet up against the tractor and pull his arm out and gashed the hell out of it, got infected real bad, two different stays in the hospital, and it's finally healing up good now lol. Tough mother effer for a 69 yr old. He talked crazy talk about wanting to put an S-10 full cab on that truck so he could have an enclosed atmosphere with a heater, afterall he is in Minnesota. Can't ever tell what he is gonna come up with next lol.