• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Re:

So the Rangers are 3 seaters? Or just certain models? My buddy had one I rode in a few times years ago, but dont remember if it was a 3 seater or not.

I know Rhino's have real, selectable, 4wd systems with real 2wd-4wd open front-4wd Locked Front.

Worst thing about the Rhino is the heat from the engine that is right between you.

It's like sitting with a damn Mr. Buddy heater blasting right beside you, and it's loud as ****.

There are some things you can do to help, but not much.

At least with the RZR the engine is behind you enough that heat isn't much of an issue.

Re:

Why the hell would you want a carb over efi?! Lol. I looked into the rhinos a bit before I bought that grizzly earlier this year and couldn't see any reason not to go with the 700 rhino (if I were gonna get one). Adam Lee shed some light on a few things that were much improved on the 700's. Chime in boy!

And all that heat between you will be good for the winter! Lol i dont do much summer riding anyways. Hate hot weather.

This would be perfect....what's the deal with those seats in the back? Is that an oem yamaha add on? Having a seat back there would be cool for the ole lady's son to ride along with us.

46bae0e8c8efd71ab0c018027b7722d5.jpg

dd46b42eeb59c66b139a252ef7bd4bee.jpg

My dad had a 660 camo a while back sold it on here actually! It was ok for mild trail wheeling suspension will make your kidneys hurt as bad as a 2 week bender if you whoop on it hard! I broke both rear shafts replaced several belts,wheel bearings and brake pads on it. The rear diff will try and come out of there too! Gotta build a 2x2" 3/16 wall diff mount where the factory 1" tube mounts are. The parking brakes don't work real well but are better than the ones on the polaris's! I never had any problems with anything else including the carb. The rear cage and seat kit is aftermarket and other than kids and Kevin I don't know anybody that could ride back there! They are loud and hot because the motor is right there!
My game plan is if I ever get another sxs it'll be a 900xp ranger with power steering!

Re:

TacomaJD said:
So the Rangers are 3 seaters? Or just certain models? My buddy had one I rode in a few times years ago, but dont remember if it was a 3 seater or not.

Not all are. Mine is a 900 and has 3 seat belts.

It also has a turf mode, 2 dig and 4 dig option.

I did the 4 seater rhino thing and it worked but had no bed and really could only cruise dirty road or flip.

Re:

Rhinos are def cheaper than rangers and rzr's! Aint a fan of the Teryx at all. I would probably rather have a Rhino over a Ranger, so I guess it boils down to Rhino or Rzr. I would def rather have a RZR, but don't want a money pit if **** wears out and tears up like everybody says.

I had a 660 Rhino and now have a 700, both are great machines but the 700 is much quieter and the F.I. makes for easier starting when it's cold. You can upgrade stuff to make them quieter and faster without compromising reliability. If I was going to upgrade from the Rhino, I would try to find a used Yamaha Wolverine. They're supposed to have a much better ride but not sure about installing a rear seat. Check out hotrodforums.net or JBS Performance for more info on a lot of the Yamaha stuff.

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

TacomaJD said:
Might consider em for that price. But that'n is all the way up in WI!

Kevin - them gas golf carts wont do good enough on them flex ramps for me.
Kraig lives in Rockford IL about hour and a half south of there I could prob figure out something on shipping if I was getting it! :dblthumb:

Rzr, 900xp is the only option, 13 up is best for starter fix as well as teh mount that holds the engine/trans apart. Also ditched the dry sump (no biggie there) I've had 2 800's, 2 other 900's and now have a 1k and my third 900. I like the 900 platform if you know how to drive. Get one with axles and skids and doors. Belts are cheap, you are pretty safe with a cage.

Rhinos are tough, jap (good) and cheap, they just ride shitty with small travel.

Teryx are also tough as ****. Like Adam said, just driving one to the bathroom and back my leg cramped at KOH. I had a water bottle under my heel to run the gas on it. It was pretty bad. Rest of the unit it tough. Again, rides kinda shitty.

Re:

What makes bushings and bearings go out in these RZR's so often? Reason I ask, a coworker has a 2011 800s bone stock that he has just rode around his land, paved roads, and dirt roads, and never done anything to it but change the oil. He actually mentioned the possibility of selling, because his young son is at the age where he don't enjoy riding it anymore, therefore he don't ride it much anymore. He has a bunch of miles on it, but it's never been dogged in the mud.

I can see where the **** wears out if you are always trying to climb the biggest hill, rolling over, and beating the hell out of the suspension, but as for trail riding with some sense, is all that still expected to wear out fast?

Most people don't grease the bushings and they wear out. I've seen some XP900 and XP1k with several thousand miles on stocks bushings. On the 800S and XP1K I had I always greased everything after every ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

TacomaJD said:
What makes bushings and bearings go out in these RZR's so often? Reason I ask, a coworker has a 2011 800s bone stock that he has just rode around his land, paved roads, and dirt roads, and never done anything to it but change the oil. He actually mentioned the possibility of selling, because his young son is at the age where he don't enjoy riding it anymore, therefore he don't ride it much anymore. He has a bunch of miles on it, but it's never been dogged in the mud.

I can see where the **** wears out if you are always trying to climb the biggest hill, rolling over, and beating the hell out of the suspension, but as for trail riding with some sense, is all that still expected to wear out fast?

blacksheep hit the nail on the head imo, xp 900 would be the best bang for the buck package in my opinion. Most capable, durable and plenty of power out of the box. They can be had with the right upgrades for good money.

As for them wearing out i just replaced all 4 wheel bearings in my 1k, it has over 1200 very hard miles on it. People think 500-1000 miles isnt that many miles but for beating the crap out of something like a rzr would see i dont really think its too much to complain about. If you dont ride them wfo every time you sit down in one i dont see you having any problems. We did have an 800 4 seater and we didnt have great luck with it. But weve had 3 900s and two 1ks and for the most part the issues we've had are from routine abuse.

That sounds a little better. I keep thinking about one and am starting to get the fever. Usually when that happens I move **** to make it happen. May take a little while, but I figure I will have one eventually - trying to stay debt free for the most part.

blacksheep10 said:
Rzr, 900xp is the only option, 13 up is best for starter fix as well as teh mount that holds the engine/trans apart. Also ditched the dry sump (no biggie there) I've had 2 800's, 2 other 900's and now have a 1k and my third 900. I like the 900 platform if you know how to drive. Get one with axles and skids and doors. Belts are cheap, you are pretty safe with a cage.

Rhinos are tough, jap (good) and cheap, they just ride shitty with small travel.

Teryx are also tough as ****. Like Adam said, just driving one to the bathroom and back my leg cramped at KOH. I had a water bottle under my heel to run the gas on it. It was pretty bad. Rest of the unit it tough. Again, rides kinda shitty.

This! My 2013 900 (Bumpers now owns it) was a great machine never had any issues. As far as bushings and all that wearing out, cleaning and maintenance is key to the life of a SXS IMO

Rode several Rhinos, not a fan! I'd own a Teryx before I would a Rhino :****: