• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

I would go with slightly larger tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 266
It is certainly not a rock crawler! Tried to follow JohnG, Gregg, and TK, but the damn 26" ***** tars and lack of sliders/skids forced an early turn around lol. Fun bombing fast trails and some hills though! Different exoerience than I'm used to, but I do like it.

d4dc8b6fed9f2b630cc1853e52849ec1.jpg

43ba075056485f2cdfb8cf724427ddb7.jpg

b44213a8a54c79e8df854fa8c022de27.jpg

6ace8503afe194d61c8b0a118808d780.jpg

0ad400c4d3cda38552848cd267109b3f.jpg

Re:

It was much stiffer. Will be ordering lift soon so I can let em back down. It wasn't really terrible but on constant bumpy terrain, need it as soft as possible.

Re:

Im completely satisfied with the power though! Sounds dumb to say because there are so many faster utv's out there, but this thing will fly!

Re:

TacomaJD said:
It was much stiffer. Will be ordering lift soon so I can let em back down. It wasn't really terrible but on constant bumpy terrain, need it as soft as possible.

Dude just do forward a arms and a little bigger tires with not lift :****:

Re:

That looks good Haley! The guy I bought those LE wheels and tires from had a 900 crew with msa black 14" wheels and 29" Bighorns and looked badass, but not crazy big. I really liked it. Will be awhile before i buy the **** to make it capable of running 29's or bigger, so i still have some time to decide what I want to go with.

Since I'm too broke to afford cool mods, I have to settle for the little things. Now I can see how many ppl are lined up behind me when I fall into the typical sxs mentality and park in the middle of a trail.

9837750fc3bc2d70ed30b5e93d34e9f4.jpg

a02d252f47f29b001d22fa22248a81ce.jpg

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Rootar said:
Throw a duraclutch, some fwd arms, and 30s on it and it'll be a whole new machine!
Duraclutch, will have to look into that! Def gonna buy an extra belt to keep with me also. Factory polaris brand the best?
bluzuk80 said:
I'm seriously thinking about buying a new 570 to use around the house. Might give you a call Josh and ask you a few questions
Take one for a drive man, you won't be disappointed! Or hell, if you ever see me out at a park, you can drive the **** out of mine.

I know one thing about that crew, it may drag over some **** til you get it lifted, but I believe it would trail a helluva lot better than the standard size. I got turned sideways on a fairly steep trail when one back tire got caught on a big root. Felt pretty sketchy. Also, was going a down Cherry bomb and got in a part that had some really loose rocks and the ass end kept stepping out further and further with every touch of the brakes. Just part of it I guess, but def a new feel to get used to.

The only thing I hate is the free wheeling tranny when you are off the gas and the belt dissengages. Wish it was like the Viking where the belt stayed engaged all the time and you were always assisted by engine braking on decel.

bluzuk80 said:
I'm seriously thinking about buying a new 570 to use around the house. Might give you a call Josh and ask you a few questions
Man Rodney has one on here that is like new for $8500 and already has some accessories!

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

TacomaJD said:
Duraclutch, will have to look into that! Def gonna buy an extra belt to keep with me also. Factory polaris brand the best?Take one for a drive man, you won't be disappointed! Or hell, if you ever see me out at a park, you can drive the **** out of mine.

I know one thing about that crew, it may drag over some **** til you get it lifted, but I believe it would trail a helluva lot better than the standard size. I got turned sideways on a fairly steep trail when one back tire got caught on a big root. Felt pretty sketchy. Also, was going a down Cherry bomb and got in a part that had some really loose rocks and the ass end kept stepping out further and further with every touch of the brakes. Just part of it I guess, but def a new feel to get used to.

The only thing I hate is the free wheeling tranny when you are off the gas and the belt dissengages. Wish it was like the Viking where the belt stayed engaged all the time and you were always assisted by engine braking on decel.

As far as the factory belt goes, use the low range when you should and they'll go over 2k miles. My buddy rode through mud with a snorkel, moved into riding on rocks and did the hill killing too. His belt was on it for years and is still running as far as I know after some pretty rough use. It has a new owner and I know my buddy told him how he always used the transfer case and that it was an original belt.

A clutch kit can be had that gives you engine braking. The dura lutch basically keeps.you belt engaged all the time, no slip, then uses a motorcycle style clutch for the actual clutching. Much smoother.