• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

CheapJ7 said:
A clutch kit can be had that gives you engine braking. The dura lutch basically keeps.you belt engaged all the time, no slip, then uses a motorcycle style clutch for the actual clutching. Much smoother.
That would definitely be something worth the money! That free wheeling **** could be dangerous lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDDYkSKZ-0

You can sell your stocker for close to half that on fleabay :****:

That's an old video but I ran that same clutch all year and raced the ultra4 hotsprings race. Still running it and never been touched. Headed out to KOH and I'll be doing most of my prerunning with it before I break in the new one before the race. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate to race the one I have but the guys at duraclutch are helping me out and want to see what kinda wear I can out on one in one day vs the year I've been running and racing the other.

The best way to describe it, it's like adding a doubler on your take off with out loosing anything on top, it'll actually get there faster, and no spare belts needed. :dblthumb:

That video is 32" roctanes on a 900xp motor and stock trans (no reduction) it was a dog before hand best thing I have ever done to the rig :driving:

TacomaJD said:
Ho-lee schitt...$1200 clutch! ! ! ! :rolf: Dammit I need to plant a few money trees! molaugh

If you wanted a cheap hobby, you should have taken up running. You would get a 50% discount on shoes! :rolf: :flipoff1:

JohnG said:
If you wanted a cheap hobby, you should have taken up running. You would get a 50% discount on shoes! :rolf: :flipoff1:
Just gives me more fun parts to buy over time as affordable, helps maintain interest lol.

****, you checked prices on them running legs that has the backward bow in em? Them bitches higher than stickies! Several, several sets of em! Lol

JohnG said:
I literally lol'd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Not that I didn't believe any of this, but I'm just reporting in to support tacomajd's claims about ol Tammy, at Battlecreek. My brother in law has contacted her and she is "price matching" a new 570xp out the door for $10,300. She's digging around for a red one now. They have the sage green ready for pick up, but she's working on getting him a red one. As soon as she gets it, we'll be headed that way to get it. Thanks again for the thorough thread.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

Awesome! I've got a good friend coming to test drive mine Saturday and if he likes it, he will be buying one from there too.

They had to do the same thing for me. I told em on a Tuesday I think it was, that I wanted to come pick a red one up by Friday and they found one and got it there by Thursday. I'm just not a fan of the green.

On a separate note, I ordered SuperATV front forward arched a arms last night. I've tossed around a blue million different suspension and wheel/tire combos and have finally settled on the forward arms and 30" ITP Blackwater Evo's on 14" ITP Hurricane rims. If I desire more belly clearance, I may install the Marshall Motoart 2.5" bracket lift at a later date. Went with a light 8 ply tire and just forward arms, no lift, to keep the cv angles down. But even with the 2.5" lift. It ain't that bad.

Can't you tap the brake on rzr's when freewheeling down a hill and it will reengage the clutch for engine braking the rest of the way down or something like that? Not sure if thats the case on Rangers or not...

Neal3000 said:
Can't you tap the brake on rzr's when freewheeling down a hill and it will reengage the clutch for engine braking the rest of the way down or something like that? Not sure if thats the case on Rangers or not...
Tap the gas....

Neal3000 said:
No, the only way to re-engage it is get back on the gas, and unless you maintain throttle, it will just go right back to free wheeling shortly thereafter if you just tap it.

I guess it's just certain models...

http://www.rzrforums.net/hunterworks/99425-polaris-engine-braking-ebs-explained.html

http://www.hunterworks.com/polaris_engine_braking_explained

"Some Braking: These vehicles have the EBS Secondary clutch but a two-way bearing, they have engine braking down to about 4-5 mph then free-wheel. You can tap the brake going downhill and get it to engage. How this works is there is what is called a EBS notch in the the removable helix in the back of the clutch. Only the EBS secondary has a removable helix. To see a helix click HERE and the helix on the left in the picture has a EBS notch, the one on the right does not. That would be for someone who wants to remove low speed engine braking for say a racing application. Back to how it works, as you accelerate the secondary rollers run up one side of the helix, when you decelerate it rolls back down the other side and when the roller rolls into the notch it basically slams the secondary clutch closed and forces the belt down in the primary clutch.

Vehicles that have this set up from factory are 08-09 RZR 800 but only 09 built before 10/09 after have do not have the EBS secondary, 2011-2014 RZR 900 XP and XP4 and 2014-2015 RZR 1000 XP and XP4 So since they already have the EBS secondary if you wanted full on EBS all you have to do is add a one-way bearing to the primary. NOT available for the 1000 yet but 900 and 800 can get our new HD One way bearing kit and add it. Click HERE to see those. Make sure you read that tech article before you do this, if you jump a lot you will not want to do this."