• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So who has the status on MattO?

From Matt O 4462 Rolled on Jack trying to pass Casie Currie, ran low on all fluids and cut a high pressure ps line. Watching from top of race mile 39. Shannon just lapped me.

This was just posted on the blog
Amie

Hate to hear that! Been watching the live video coverage for most of the day, but didn't get to see him.

Did he complete a lap before having issues?

ridered3 said:
Hate to hear that! Been watching the live video coverage for most of the day, but didn't get to see him.

Did he complete a lap before having issues?

MattO said they rolled trying to pass Cassey Currie on Jack and it took forever for them to get recovered and they lost a bunch of fluids. He said a few miles later he lost a power steering line. He said they were in 28th until all that happened.

That's racing. I am sure Matt and Jamie gave it the best shot they could. It's the unexpected things that grab you by the ass and screw everything up. Put the rig on the trailer and pull it home with your heads up high. Many folks would give both of thier left nuts to do what both of you have done. Save travels home Matt and Jamie. Enjoyed the e-ride.

Last night with 2 hours left for the race deadline there were still more than half the field that had not finished it was a hard race top say the least. I waited st the finish line until I could not stay awake any longer.

Thanks for those checking on us, we had passed 23 racers by CP5, but I got impatient and tried to pass Currie on a hard line at the bottom of Jack. The recovery effort sucked since spectators can no longer roll you over. It took forever and we lost time and fluids. About 5 miles later steering failed, line split on us. Jamie hiked 2 miles each way to bring me one and we were going to keep going. We soon became aware that something more serious had happened. We pulled to pitswith the atlas popping out of gear and moving side to side. The pit crew looked over it and found the driver motor mount had split and almost pushed completely through the frame rail. It was fun and were kicking ass for a while. My buggy dominates in the rock trails, end of story. We really think the motor mount cracked earlier in the week when we rolled and the roll on Jack finished it off. Oh well, we learned a bunch.

matt are you going to go to a front and mid plate setup for motor mounts or whats your plans now

I think we finished 48th unofficial because it was just after time expired. We could see casey and were in his dust when we lost brakes in the night with 21 miles to go. That was the nail in the coffin after unofficially moving up 38 spots and then getting a flat. Whatever, we finished every inch of that ****, some of the longest 14.5 hrs of my life

truely a sad moment when you are ****ed and you are watching TOP competitors go by you when you where in front of them.
I like Casey Currie in Prolite, regularly root for him even if hes a whiney bitch about everything. But after watching him drive the past two years live, and this year video, he sucks in the rocks, and those Generals werent pulling any favors either.

InDaShop said:
truely a sad moment when you are ****ed and you are watching TOP competitors go by you when you where in front of them.
I like Casey Currie in Prolite, regularly root for him even if hes a whiney bitch about everything. But after watching him drive the past two years live, and this year video, he sucks in the rocks, and those Generals werent pulling any favors either.
X2 on the currier rock suckin!.......Wyatt....i just ran into the guys from houston at a truck stop in NM nice bunch....they were bragging on your fuel cans! :dblthumb:

i'm gotdayum proud of all you boys that went and raced out there- i have one question, did yall have beers to help you make it thru them long hours out in the desert?

So i watched the YouTube video and have some questions. I spent the day Friday watching the live coverage at Backdoor and notice that they had a designated winch point of a vehicle as well as personnel on hand that were in charge of helping to roll a buggy back on the tires. Since they were designated help, the driver would not be DQ'ed for outside help.

Why did they not have either of these things set up at this spot?

So i watched the YouTube video and have some questions. I spent the day Friday watching the live coverage at Backdoor and notice that they had a designated winch point of a vehicle as well as personnel on hand that were in charge of helping to roll a buggy back on the tires. Since they were designated help, the driver would not be DQ'ed for outside help.

Why did they not have either of these things set up at this spot?

At back door if a rig gets demobiled. It makes that trail impassable, and creates a huge bottle neck. I believe where Matto tossed it , theres were other lines available, and traffic can keep flowing.