• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So who has the status on MattO?

P you said it best , thats racing ! The past week was pretty interesting to say the least . We had an awesome first day prerunning but after that it went down hill . It seemed like all the odds were against us but we still kept pressing on and still made it to the starting line. As for the roll in the race I believe it was due to the broken motor mount . I think the motor torqued over when Matt laid into it . It also had a lot to do with our high speed runs pulling towards the right, but whose to say . It was great to be able to hang out with Miles and the gang in the pits and to root Jab Nasty on ! If we couldn't finish we wanted someone we know to get it ! That's what this sport is all about . Its all about pressing on and helping your fellow racers out . So many people stepped up to help us, lending us parts, and lending a hand when needed and that says a lot. It was pretty awesome to get parts from Shannon Campbell . All in all I had an awesome time and want to thank everyone who helped us out. Maybe with some better luck and If Matt O lets me ride again I will have another chance next year ! :spin:

Wyatt I uploaded it but it was too long, so i had to break it into multiple videos. We tired a new GoPro mount out based on feedback here, and the camera mounts upside down. I forgot to change the setting on the camera to shoot upside down, so editing time is taking longer than expected. Should be up tomorrow, at least the first 15 minutes.

Jamie is right on, it was a rough week and it is all racing. I was running at maybe 70% in the desert because the car was so hard to control, in the rocks we were hauling ass. I got impatient and took a bad line, it cost us big time. Jamie and I will be back if it is at all possible to do so, we really want to prove ourselves. Looking back the pre-run roll screwed us and broke the car, we just didn't find it. I think the too large gussets were holding the motor mount somewhat together, when they let go on the Sledge flop the car was ****ed and there was nothing to do but get it to pits. I had a blast in pits hanging out with my buddies and pitting for DSI and Jab. We gave them all my fuel and when we found that Jab killed a tire my first question was can we put in on my rig and haul it to them since we are fellow compeititors. Seemed like it might be cheating in the end, so we didn't.

There are memories from this race that you can never replace, Jamie working round the clock to fix the car, passing about 10 cars on Outer Limits and riding JR's ass to the pits, being in the zone on the rock courses of the race and having Jamie just laughing because we were walking every trail out there, after the car broke stainding on top of Fissure Mtn while Shannon lapped me with the copter in tow, Jamie walking to the pits and getting a thumbs up from Shannon when he passed, Jamie being offered a ride in the race JK to the pits and turning it down, and getting a PM from Tom Wayes after the race saying we were bringing it and he has a lot of respect for our team. I will never forget any of it, and hope I have a chance to do it again and run a race without mistakes...

IMG_2489.jpg

Here is the in-car. First 15 minutes of the race. Course was very rough through here and took several goat trails that were tight and hard to carry speed on. I hoook up with Coleville and ride his ass for a while, he was on a decent pace so I followed. Shannon passes us in this vid, don't blink of you may miss it.

2011 KOH Start 01 - EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh

that resolution vid is so ****ing funny to me laughing1 laughing1 travis and Matt are looking stupid on that right high line bypass. Neither of us had ever put eyes on it before and the sun was in your eyes so bad you couldn't see the front bumper. You can see matt holding his hand over his face, and I was eyes closed napping for most of that. We did make the hard line though :flipoff1:

That SirMarlon guy is a great photographer. He got a shot or two of Silly that actually made him look fast too skully

DAMN yall post up some more pics & vids from the action out there for the folks like me that don,t get on pirate, would like to get my zuk out there someday to ride, but not to race :eek:

Matt O. said:
Here is the in-car. First 15 minutes of the race. Course was very rough through here and took several goat trails that were tight and hard to carry speed on. I hoook up with Coleville and ride his ass for a while, he was on a decent pace so I followed. Shannon passes us in this vid, don't blink of you may miss it.

2011 KOH Start 01 - EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh

Just watched it. Great job Matt and Jamie.

I am amazed at how many people were broken and stopped in that first 15 minutes of your race. I saw you pick off a few guys but better yet, it was cool that you only got passed 3-4 times in that entire video.

I saw Campbell and Miller pass you and some rig in the flats with rolled tube. TCarp maybe?

Either way, you looked good. Nice work.

I think that was the JT in the Torchmate TTB not Tcarp. Shannon got us, Eric gave us a bump or two to get around and then in the 2nd Video at about 11:40 Jason Conover passed us in the other S&N rig (DSI). Around 11:00 in the 2nd video we get going pretty fast. We held our ground, Wayes passed us in the pucker bushes at some point but we passed him right back in the rocks. We passed a ton of rigs on Outer Limits, but the GoPro battery was dead by then.

Matt O. said:
This is the 2nd video we have, we are tracking Coleville at the beginning and towards the end we get into some of the fast stuff, pretty cool

2011 KOH Start 02 - EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh

I watched the second one....a lot less carnage on the side of the trail on that tape. Did Colleville get ahead of you? I could not tell where he went.

I bet you get all hyped up when you see the helo there at 10:00

Yeah at 11:30 you were flying and some car pulled around you and passed. That guy was flying. Was that Wayes?

No we are still in Coleville's dust, he started a row in front of us along with that JK we passed early on. That car at 11:30 was either DSI or Tom, pretty sure it was DSI and Jason was driving. Yeah add about 10-15 mph anytime the helo shows up! Video #3 is about done, it has some fast stuff in it and the first rock trail, Elvis. After Elvis the course is FAST and then we hit the lakebed which was a dust storm at that point...
2011 KOH Start 03 - EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh

They guys that passed us at Elvis was way back in line and just decided to jump all of us, not making many friends that way. If it was lined up and jammed out like that we just stayed in line, last thing you want to to do is make a bunch of enemies in the rocks. Not sure who passed us in the fast stuff, might have been Tom. Could not really tell.

Matt O. said:
not making many friends that way. If it was lined up and jammed out like that we just stayed in line, last thing you want to to do is make a bunch of enemies in the rocks.
You'll learn to pass at any opportunity, pissing racers off, or not. I'll be friends after the race.