• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some Sick Toys

BustedKnucklefilms

Stopped by Hudlow Axle today in Georgia and got to check out some of Steve's projects. I know have a new wishlist of toys. :****:

Custom Tank in the works. Twin Turbo 6.0 with tons of Axle parts and custom built tracks and rollers. This thing is incredible looking. drool
421470_10150530452443985_166897308984_8927432_109604712_n.jpg

Hudlow Custom Tank Build

GSXR 1000 powered VW BUG HOTROD
GSXR Powered VW Bug Hot Rod

A MONSTER TRUCK

Pumpkin said:
I dont see the house trailer rims and tires holding up to jumps and 80mph. Just saying :spin:

I was thinking the same thing. All that custom work and then they use mobile home axles

The Dana 14bolt rear with Dana 80 internals is what drives the tracks. The mobile home axles are just for track support. The tires are solid foam filled. From the looks of his other projects, I bet this thing works just fine. Watch for a video of it running in a few months. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
The Dana 14bolt rear with Dana 80 internals is what drives the tracks. The mobile home axles are just for track support. The tires are solid foam filled. From the looks of his other projects, I bet this thing works just fine. Watch for a video of it running in a few months. :dblthumb:

yep you just about nailed it. its actually not even the axles its just the hub. and those wheels are just guides for the track. The true beef is the 14b hubs that they use on every pivot (each pivot has two mobile home rims). The pivot is what will take the stress of any hits and they appear super beef. I just dont agree with the mobilehome hubs and the wide bolt pattern rims from the standby they look like **** but as you said and I agree they'll work.

I have known Hudlow going on 10 years now and I have to say he really knows his stuff. Check him out at Hudlowaxle.com. He builds tons of driveshafts and custom axles also can get anything needed ona buggy.

Real happy to see the bug move on it's own. It's been sitting in the shop for years. Like said they do great work, got several shafts built there and they are all good to deal with.

Skins for the cage or rain suite and goggles, because those tracks will be making an impressive waterfall into the cockpit.[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

The rims coming off the hubs is what i would worry about. The tires or them being foam filled is not the problem. Its the shitty way the rims are held to the hubs.

Pumpkin said:
The rims coming off the hubs is what i would worry about. The tires or them being foam filled is not the problem. Its the shitty way the rims are held to the hubs.

shitty way umm lets see the one you built why do people got to put down other peoples **** i dont get that **** :gay:

The build is nice. I'm talking about the way house trailer rims are held to the hubs. the way they are mad from the factory. I wouldn't use house trailer nothing even on a small trailer to haul trash on.

I remember Steve wheelin the hell outta that black & blue Bronco at Tellico back n the day, still the BADDEST early Bronco trail rig Ive seen as of yet :****:

Did I see the tank in a movie trailer for the new GI Joe movie? Saw something in a clip last night with a rig that looked very similar to the Tank but I can't find it now.