• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spec an LS2 cam

KPatterson

LS2 out of an 05 GTO. Need to be in the 500+ range. This motor was built for a D1 with 8 lbs of boost. It`s got ARP studs on the heads. I know 500 horses without a big cam and built heads is not doable. :gtfo: Spare me the I told you so. I know there are guys on here with some nasty LS2 buggies. Lets hear your experience. :dblthumb:

We just picked up our 06 corvette from RPM in Garner, NC last week. Its a LS2 car and had a custom ground camshaft installed along with FAST 102mm intake, 102mm throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, k&n intake and a nitrous set up with custom dyno tune. Car made 445hp on motor and 568hp and 646lbs of torque to rear wheels on 150 shot.

Re:

Call tick performance. They speak LS like it's english, and that where I took my ls3 to be made into a 416. Tell them Tripp sent you and speak to a guy name Martin.

I wonder what the LS2in the GTOs would actually turn on a dyno. I know of a stock '04 with the LS1 thats rated at 350hp at the crank, but turned 328 at the wheels on a dyno. After some research I found they were underrated and were actually around 405 like the vettes.

Re:

A friend of mine has a ls2 gto, all it has is a CAI and long tube headers on stock exhaust, DB Performance tuned it for e85, it put down just over 400 to the rear wheels...

Bone stock it put down 360

I have an LS2 ready for a build and settled on Livernois after some looking a while back. I am planning on cam only with springs, injectors ect.. I don't doubt the dyno numbers in the link.
However if yours was internally built for boost the compression might be lower than stock. If so you will be down on power till you feed boost.

Stock LS2 and LS3 are stout but begging for a cam. Motors flat make power. Not starting with an iron block.

the white corvette is my son,, with the all the performance stuff, done to it,,, the RH car is supposedly doing when my son passed him,,,looks like he was sitting still ;D