• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

spider 9 or dana 60

Big ring gears dont break. I say D60 mainly because its a large chunk of housing, Not a bunch of plate welded together. This is my opinion and im stickin to it. (until i get a single seater with 9's)

Dana 60, but there is nothing wrong with the Spider 9s. I run Dana 60s, and the only upgrade I will be doing in the future will be a pro-Rock center sections. Plain and simple, nothing too custom that I cant get at the local parts house shall I need it.:;

60 and 70's! :awesomework:

and of course the ocassional well built toyota. :flipoff:

I have a Currie built 9 inch in the back of the ford with a built 460 and 42s. I've broken just about everything but the rear axle. But, i'd go with rockwells:flipoff:

9's

Your still running parts that can be had. 9's are more common than 60's(especially in all those old bowtie hotrods:fawkdancesmiley: )
With spiders you would be running ford units and probably wilwood brakes. That's a pretty good combo.

Then again at the $ you'll spend on SPIDER 9's you should be comparing to dynatrac prorock 60's not just 60's so either would do the job.

9's

Your still running parts that can be had. 9's are more common than 60's(especially in all those old bowtie hotrods:fawkdancesmiley: )
With spiders you would be running ford units and probably wilwood brakes. That's a pretty good combo.

Then again at the $ you'll spend on SPIDER 9's you should be comparing to dynatrac prorock 60's not just 60's so either would do the job.

btw.. how's the pats collecting coming for your D30 replacement
:corn:

so does anyone else have an opinion on why the clearence is the only thing im thinking why i wouldnt want to run them

Clearance of a center chunk? Well i will say a spider 9 will slide over stuff easier, But the insurance of slamming a 60 is something you cant get with a spydr9 axle. Once again, my personal preferance.

did I miss what these are going under???....and w/ what powertrain, and tires...???.....
and.....some indication of driving style or intended use (comp rig, toy, beater)

and, by saying that you're considering the spyder stuff....does that mean you're willing to drop big money to get every last bit of performance/clearance etc....???

(60/14bolt) bitches.....

did I miss what these are going under???....and w/ what powertrain, and tires...???.....
and.....some indication of driving style or intended use (comp rig, toy, beater)

and, by saying that you're considering the spyder stuff....does that mean you're willing to drop big money to get every last bit of performance/clearance etc....???

(60/14bolt) bitches.....

X2 wassup:kissmyass:

If money wasn't an issue then Spider 9's.... that being said my new car sits on junkyard 60's with alloys