• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

spindles?

I was going to say get ahold of Jason or D. S-N had the borer, didn't know who had it though. Sounds like maybe D's got you hooked up.

I got a contact from a guy on pirate that came up with a way to make that process faster and over-time cheaper. Sounds like he has an adapter that lets him run a off-the-shelf (i.e. cheap) shell mill to do a rough pass, then you finish it with the $$ cutter. IIRC when I was talking to him about it the smaller cutter chomped through the spindle a ton faster, then with the finish cutter just being a finish cut, it was faster as well and lasted a ton longer.

D, if this is news to you drop me a line and I'll forwarded that to you.

I was going to say get ahold of Jason or D. S-N had the borer, didn't know who had it though. Sounds like maybe D's got you hooked up.

I got a contact from a guy on pirate that came up with a way to make that process faster and over-time cheaper. Sounds like he has an adapter that lets him run a off-the-shelf (i.e. cheap) shell mill to do a rough pass, then you finish it with the $$ cutter. IIRC when I was talking to him about it the smaller cutter chomped through the spindle a ton faster, then with the finish cutter just being a finish cut, it was faster as well and lasted a ton longer.

D, if this is news to you drop me a line and I'll forwarded that to you.

Pretty standard machining practice. Rough and finish cut.