• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Split Second Decision (CHL)

blacksheep10 said:
I use thunderwear. I've had people tell me it doesn't work, but its comfortable as ****. I literally forget its there daily. I'm only a month into carrying daily and within 3 days I never ever noticed it. I forget its there, which is good, I never check it. I'm a checker, meaning when I stand up I check wallet, phone (Lf pocket), money/keys (rf pocket) and then walk off. I never feel that I need to check my gun. It is deep under my belt. I will have a hard ass time getting to it in less than 2 seconds. I can run, bend, go to the gym and do anything but squats, work all day, whatever. No Problems. Comfort is more key than anything. Wyatt's IWB right love handle carry was hanging out nonstop. I have a couple other buddies that IWB and they are trying to cover it when they reach high, bend over and reach etc. Mine can't be seen, and its just wider than an LC9, its a sccy cpx2.
Appendix carry feels like its aimed at my artery and nuts/dickhead, deep appendix carry when Mine is feels like its in front of my ****, aimed between my legs, and doesn't hinder movement or bending.
I have a truck gun, but never drive my truck. I'm normally in my jeep and need to get a holster I like that is very discreet in it. More stuff to think about

A lot can happen in 2 seconds especially if you're reacting to something.

onepieceatatime said:
eb4292fcb444ed5c63c4863911d4bbd5.jpg
My g23 in my newest holster I've been trying. I bought it for work because I'd be in deep **** if I got carrying there. I carry my g42 in it at work and nobody ever picked up on it the past month or so. I thought it was gonna be uncomfortable and annoying when I ordered it, but it had good reviews and I was wrong. I really don't mind it. Would be even less noticeable if I could lose my truck driving beer gut.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What kind of holster is that?

jeeptj99 said:
A lot can happen in 2 seconds especially if you're reacting to something.
I completely agree. All they way actually. I'm not sure what the stats are as far as % of attacks that are one on one hand to hand, intervening from the outside, and crowd type events. Just the couple practice draws I've done I'm over 1 second. I have to use 2 hands. I'm open to other holster suggestions, but can NOT print. I go places I shouldn't legally go with it on, so I can't print ever. I also want it comfortable to work in.

blacksheep10 said:
I completely agree. All they way actually. I'm not sure what the stats are as far as % of attacks that are one on one hand to hand, intervening from the outside, and crowd type events. Just the couple practice draws I've done I'm over 1 second. I have to use 2 hands. I'm open to other holster suggestions, but can NOT print. I go places I shouldn't legally go with it on, so I can't print ever. I also want it comfortable to work in.

Can you appendix carry or are you like me and have a little extra and it makes it uncomfortable? If you can look at T-Rex arms holsters. They are the ****. Pricey and a little bit of a wait but the quality is top friggin notch.

Re:

Being able to draw with my right hand while holding off/distract an attacker with my left is imperative to me.

2 hands needed to draw seems like a good way to end up dead.

blacksheep10 said:

What state do you live in?

Actually took a small amount of action today due to this thread. Mind you, it's a small amount of change, but change none the less.

Since I will Continue to EDC my bodyguard 380 while I'm looking g for other fullsize options I decided to by the magguts.com magazine capacity expansion kit. It basically transforms your stock length mag from having a 6 round capacity to a 7 allowing 7 plus 1. It uses different springs and followers and has been thoroughly tested for reliability and durability with great results. Having 8 rounds vs 7 total may just be the difference in life or death someday.

I also have a 10 round extended mag I keep in my other pocket most if the time, so if I get the chance to reload this brings my round count up to 18 rounds total on my person. It will require one reload, but that puts me at the same capacity as my fullsize. If I use my pocket holster I pocket carry my spare mag as well, if I'm open carry I have a belt mag holster as well.

ad3fabc1efb1795626a7e25a0c1cef03.jpg
I really like this jacket for carrying. Front pockets give quick easy access to the gun and it's got tons of storage for extra mags.

Your dog is creepin on you.... I carried my old j-frame in the front pocket of my coat when i had it. the 19 doesnt fit as well :dunno:

Re:

TBItoy said:
Being able to draw with my right hand while holding off/distract an attacker with my left is imperative to me.

2 hands needed to draw seems like a good way to end up dead.
Here's how I justify it. If I was self conscious about it or it was uncomfortable I wouldn't carry at all. At least its on me if 2 of the 3 scenarios come up that I asked about before. Hand to hand/come up on a scene (Wyatt's deal)/crowd attack like a shooter in a diner or something. I'm mostly ****ed for hand to hand attacks, but so are the boot carry people

Does anyone boot carry anymore? I have a ankle holster but it's for my back up gun. If i'm going for it the other gun is empty and i dont think i can win hand to hand so shits already gone through the fan at that point.

jeeptj99 said:
Does anyone boot carry anymore? I have a ankle holster but it's for my back up gun. If i'm going for it the other gun is empty and i dont think i can win hand to hand so shits already gone through the fan at that point.
I would think a boot would be backup for the most part. I'm still considering a small gun, maybe a .380 or wheel gun for my boot. I wear pants 90+% of the time

Kinda makes me want to learn some hand to hand skills.

Depending on a firearm could get ya killed too (in my "one hand draw" example).

^ Im about to start carrying a smallish fixed blade knife concealed on my belt.. Its supposed to be faster than a gun when someone is on you and knife cuts are nasty! That makes me wish I had some training with a knife though cause I bet its only faster if you know how to use it.

I used to train in some mixed martial arts back in high school. Mainly catch wresting, its like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but more aggressive and then some boxing/kickboxing for about 2 years.. I don't remember a lot of the sequences with the wresting, as in this move leading to that submission, but the leverage, timing, and some other basics are natural.. Prolly still get my ass kicked by some big ole dude, but I'd sure try not to.. Lol.

Re:

There's a place by me that teaches Krav Maga and also does handgun and active shooter classes. I went for about a month a couple years ago but it didn't work with my schedule. Hoping I might be able to give it a shot with my new job.

Headed out to dinner with my wife.. this is my everyday carry no matter what.. i like to wear a t-shirt that's a little baggy cause I hate tight shirts so it conceals just as well under a t-shirt.. may snap a pic once I get home in a t-shirt

This is a full size M&P 9 in an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 and a leather gun belt.

18399F41-BDC3-4B6D-A0FA-1841C2C5E05C.jpg

565E5C6A-63A9-4200-A014-7A8BD362C23E.jpg

BDC13518-9739-4577-B370-43126F83C076.jpg

Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but I did see that there is a local cc class going on that I might sign up for and possibly get the wife to go too.

https://equip2conceal.com/alabama/multi-state-ccw?task=viewevent&itid=491

Glad you and the fam got out safe, I have seen some crap like that go down as well and there are so many things to think about in such a short time that can affect the rest of your life.

Latest posts