• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stand back beotches

Re: Stand back beotches

Anybody want to bet a beer him and this new buggy finish the year in top?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm in on that bet. A beer for anybody on here but you have to come to Cali to collect it. And bring your rig so we can wheel too.

Warewolf SD said:
I'm in on that bet. A beer for anybody on here but you have to come to Cali to collect it. And bring your rig so we can wheel too.

That's a long ass drive. What part of Cali? Johnson valley or rubicon area?

Seems like he kinda blamed the chassis design as his problem and built a whole new one, seems like broken rear ends was his problem to me, don't see why going through all that work for a rear end swap

Re: Stand back beotches

Zjman said:
Seems like he kinda blamed the chassis design as his problem and built a whole new one, seems like broken rear ends was his problem to me, don€™t see why going through all that work for a rear end swap

He did get rid of the leading arms but kept the trailing arms. It's pretty much his old buggy that he has been racing recently with a few cosmetic changes it appears to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the leading arms with the shocks at 50% would be incredibly hard to tune. Just in my head it seems to me like hitting a 2 foot tall rock at 30 mph would multiple the force from the axle through the leading arm and into the shock compared to mounting the shocks on the front axle. The chassis was setup for dropout axles the wait the link and arm angles wouldn't work with an 80 because of the cast housing is my guess. I would really like to know about the leading arm and if the force multiplies through them like I am thinking causing tuning issues.

Zjman said:
Seems like he kinda blamed the chassis design as his problem and built a whole new one, seems like broken rear ends was his problem to me, don't see why going through all that work for a rear end swap

collinmaune said:
I think the leading arms with the shocks at 50% would be incredibly hard to tune. Just in my head it seems to me like hitting a 2 foot tall rock at 30 mph would multiple the force from the axle through the leading arm and into the shock compared to mounting the shocks on the front axle. The chassis was setup for dropout axles the wait the link and arm angles wouldn't work with an 80 because of the cast housing is my guess. I would really like to know about the leading arm and if the force multiplies through them like I am thinking causing tuning issues.

Was 100% an issue with the rear ends, but as collin stated, the entire chassis geometry was setup for that type of dropout axles. While it logically seems easier to move a few tubes and link brackets, he may not have liked other things about the Stand Back chassis so decided to toss it in the parts bin.

My guess, is that the front suspension design didn't allow him to "bounce" up/over obstacles, but instead would absorb the hit. He mentioned the lack of "bounce" when he scrapped the IFS rig, but this is 100% a guess.

Speaking of Stand Back chassis, any idea where it is now? :dunno:

collinmaune said:

Same difference as between a shock on rear axle and rear trailing arm, no ?

I think it is different for a leading arm vs trailing arm in tuning and how the energy is transfers into the shocks. On a trailing arm in my eyes you are pulling the rear axle over a rock for example so the force from the tire through the trailing arm into the shock isn't as dramatic as a leading arm. As for a leading arm you are pushing the axle over a rock and creating more force back into the arms which then goes through the shocks. i could be way out in left field or even out of the ball park with my thinking it's just my logic.

kmcminn said:
It seems the offset single seat seems to be the way to go these days. The first one I remwber seeing was the Rooster Buggy that Nick Sosebee built several years ago.

First one I remember was the Jimmy Smith buggy Wes Keen drove in WERock comps. Think it was yellow and very odd looking at the time but flat out worked.