• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stand back beotches

dwa2469 said:
I am gonna bet with you on this
Yeah im kinda busy today but it goes into how the use some special blended materials and blah blah blah.

wizzo said:
A top fuel dragster that makes 10,000 HP vs buggy that makes 1500 (I'm being EXTREMELY generous here).

I'd say the contact patch makes a difference. Traction is traction

A drag car still isn't pushing that kinda weight and the rotating mass on the axle is a huge difference ! I've watched a 200hp crawler with 54" Baja claws destroy stock rockwell shafts like tooth picks one and two shafts at a time. I'm not an engineer but the simple weight difference and rotating mass with large amounts of power are my guess. Pair that with almn housing etc and all kinds of **** are going wrong

Re: Stand back beotches

One good bouncer hill will beat an axle up like a couple seasons of drag racing...or worse.

I haven't seen a drag car go from full traction load to free spin 15 times in an 1/8th mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My comment was directed more towards the strength of the fabricated housing vs cast center section. I agree 100% about shock load in wheeling being quite hard on parts.

wizzo said:
My comment was directed more towards the strength of the fabricated housing vs cast center section. I agree 100% about shock load in wheeling being quite hard on parts.

I guess I'm questioning the fabricated housing because he wasn't stripping gears in his previous ProRock setups nor are any of the other racers busting gears consistently with standard 14 bolt and dana 80 chunks. So it seems there's either a problem with the gears or gear material or there's a structural issue/weakness with the housing leading to the breakage.