• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steel braided brake line

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I do have a question on the braided hose itself since I see a bunch of variables (got the ends figured out).

So for -3 an hose it shows for inner diameter .125 or .140 and outer .250 and .375

Any input would be appreciated.

Huh, I always assumed hose was spec'd by the AN ID number. Wouldn't -3 hose be 3/16" ID (.1875)? OD will differ by manufacturer and hose finish (coated or not). I received some new -3 brake hoses (coated from Allstar Performance and non-coated from Fragola) a couple days ago. I can measure the OD if you like. I am not going to cut a hose to measure the ID, though :)

Huh, I always assumed hose was spec'd by the AN ID number. Wouldn't -3 hose be 3/16" ID (.1875)? OD will differ by manufacturer and hose finish (coated or not). I received some new -3 brake hoses (coated from Allstar Performance and non-coated from Fragola) a couple days ago. I can measure the OD if you like. I am not going to cut a hose to measure the ID, though :)

I always though -3 designated at least what the ID was.

As you can tell there are options,lol.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...3+4294949392+4294924175+4294924174+4294947421

Ok so I got it figured out. I didn't realize each manufacturer calls for a type of hose to be used. So since I will be using all Earl's fittings they called for Speed flex hose with basically narrowed it to one type of hose :awesomework:

Thanks for the input folks it just took a spark to get the right info.

I bought some -6 Aeroquip ptfe hose for my hydroboost lines and it is 5/16" ID and 3/8" OD (of the inner core, not the braid). So much for standards.

Ok so I got it figured out. I didn't realize each manufacturer calls for a type of hose to be used. So since I will be using all Earl's fittings they called for Speed flex hose with basically narrowed it to one type of hose :awesomework:

Thanks for the input folks it just took a spark to get the right info.