• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

steering

mudder1912

Okay this maybe a dumb question but i just pulled the steering box and pump off my old truck and put it on my new one. The problem is new it actlike manual steering in spots? It worked just fine right up untill i pulled it. Any ideas or sugestions

Assuming a chevy of some sort?

It sounds like it just needs to be bled. Jack up the front end so the tires are off the ground, engine running, turn the wheel back and forth lock to lock several times, making sure the reservoir stays full the whole time.

Okay this maybe a dumb question but i just pulled the steering box and pump off my old truck and put it on my new one. The problem is new it actlike manual steering in spots? It worked just fine right up untill i pulled it. Any ideas or sugestions

Are you sure there isn't a problem with the front diff? Something to cause it to bind up?

yes i pulled it all off the same truck worked good before. never seen this before that is why i am confused or lost

The one and only thing I can think off---some crap got into the pump and is floating in the relief valve--or the cavitation damaged the pump. You can pull the high pressure hose off the back of the pump--and remove the 1" fitting the hose screws into--thats the valve. Inspect it and clean it...

Crash thank you the screen on the bypass valve had goop on it that looked like gum. cleaned it all off and works great now. once again thanks:beer: :beer: :beer: