• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stephen Broady's "An Actual Trail Rig" build

20220220_122557.jpg

20220220_122617.jpg

20220220_122638.jpg

20220220_122622.jpg

20220220_122606.jpg

Spending the time to plan out the wiring and plumbing routing really makes things clean on assembly. I feel like the final product is going to show that

If a 1.25" heim fails (on an upper link too), he's got bigger problems than a brake line :eek:

If a 1.25" heim fails (on an upper link too), he's got bigger problems than a brake line :eek:

Also, the buggy has manual brakes with two separate systems for front and rear. So, if some how the rear upper 1-1/4 heim failed, he would still have front brakes to avoid taking out the bus full of school children on trail 1 at AOP.

Y'all beat me to it... :LOL:

Also, the buggy has manual brakes with two separate systems for front and rear. So, if some how the rear upper 1-1/4 heim failed, he would still have front brakes to avoid taking out the bus full of school children on trail 1 at AOP.
Talking about that, what MC / Pedal ratio to caliper bore size are you running for the MW calipers ?

Y'all joke. But a guy broke a driveshaft or something relatively simple at windrock a few years back, it ripped the brake lines out, started rolling down stair steps out of control, and the only thing that stopped him was a sapling. Rest of the rig was all but dangling off the mountain.

Regardless, I don't think it'll break either. Just throwing it out there.

And to be clear, I'm not trolling. This rig is absolutely sick. The amount of thought put into it is beyond impressive.

Last edited:
Y'all joke. But a guy broke a driveshaft or something relatively simple at windrock a few years back, it ripped the brake lines out, started rolling down stair steps out of control, and the only thing that stopped him was a sapling. Rest of the rig was all but dangling off the mountain.

Regardless, I don't think it'll break either. Just throwing it out there.

And to be clear, I'm not trolling. This rig is absolutely sick. The amount of thought put into it is beyond impressive.
All good. You can't plan for everything. I like this method vs hanging a long line off the chassis to the diff.