• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Trail Cutting and Maintenance

Re:

I think Tyler is still there. Mary retired and Bryan was moved to a park in the city.

Re:

Tyler is actually the park manager now. I am headed out to see him this weekend.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Tyler is actually the park manager now. I am headed out to see him this weekend.

loller.gif :dblthumb:

That's awesome. Tyler has always been gung-ho about getting stuff done there. Let me know if you wanna go do some cutting. My next 6 weekends are full of scouting, fixing **** and running but if I can get it on my schedule in advance, I will be there!

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:

That is great news. This move will really help the park. He really has the desire to make it succeed and make it better. Hopefully they will not micro-manage, but will let him run it.

Congrats Tyler.

Great news on Tyler being the man. He seems to understand the needs off all the different type of visitors to the park.
We were out there a couple weeks back and he mention that the left side (looking from the bottom) of Timbuk 1 needed tires put on it. The rocks will be exposed with the grass and weeds gone. It is an easier line that almost all rig could hit as well.
So if anyone just goes out to ride and hit that it would help.

All the credit for the new trails this week go to Tyler, the new Park Manager. I have heard #417 is way better and they cut in a new trail that is better than Rock Creek/Creek Bed trail.

I was not there, but will post up some of the pictures that are on the Facebook.

Re: Re: STL - Trail Cutting and Maintenance

bc571056d606dbc9274e1cf9d5089124.jpg

417..... Stevo and Super Gary climbed this in the wet a few months ago....it has gotten a whole lot better since then.

61d7313a7e5b2fe241b97f5414d684be.jpg

Looks like it will be a nice stairstep that will continue to get better.

I went up 417 back in February. It is a nice climb. I'm sure it is even better now after a good bit of rain.

kmcminn said:
Where is 417

This is best of my recollection. Take 418 off of the main trail, right on 418b, left before Gods Gift, right at next fork and right again. That should put you at the bottom of 417.

Next work day scheduled for Oct 25th. We will meet at the club house at 8am. :woot: I'm ready to get back out there. This is a great family park and im glad to be part of helping it grow. Anyone that is free is welcome to join us. :woot:

Stony_Lonesome_OHV_Park said:
Ive got one heck of trail picked out for cutting! Im grinning just thinking about it...

If we can get it done in a day, count me in.