• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

Re:

End of the day, it boils down to the lawyers and court system.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

d_daffron said:
This is exactly the kinda thinking that gets parks shut down.

No.....This is exactly the kinda "Actions like this" that gets parks shut down.

It gives the lawyers, insurance companies, more grounds to come after the parks.

I think we all know what we do is inherently dangerous...Now add alcohol and people with no belts in the mix...Bad thinks can and will happen.

So stop giving these people fuel to shut them down.

For the park to be held liable they would have to be shown to have been grossly negligent. The waiver they signed and rules stated No Alcohol. I just don't see How it falls back on the park?

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome

BustedKnucklefilms said:
For the park to be held liable they would have to be shown to have been grossly negligent. The waiver they signed and rules stated No Alcohol. I just don't see How it falls back on the park?
It doesn't. That's just the world we live in now.

Some skank bitch on facebook the other day posted about her 3 or 4 yr old daughter that slipped and fell in burger king "bc the floors were greasy" and hit her cheek on a booth and posted a pic. It was red, not bleeding, typical clumsy young child falling. I was amazed at the amount of people commenting under it saying "get a lawyer", "you can sue them if there wasn't a wet floor sign", "time to lawyer up and shut em down", etc. I was immediately disgusted. The human race is becoming pathetic as fawk. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I feel like when it comes to letting someone hop shotgun in your rig you have to make a call, can the person handle it/ are they comfortable enough in a rig not to freak out when **** goes bad? Will they put on a seatbelt? If not then dont let them in your passenger seat. I've had to tell good friends they can't ride with me up something cause i know they will freak out and get a crushed hand/arm if i roll it. It's the drivers choice to let someone in their rig. The passenger still has to accept there is a chance of getting hurt and they need to willingly decide to hop in. If you're wearing a harness & helmet then your passenger should be too

BustedKnucklefilms said:

I've heard waivers don't hold up in court ....As for negligent, maybe the first time but what about the second or third time? Lawyer suck, I blame them for just about everything wrong with the country today. It's all about the money.....Their going to go after who has it...Hence the reason why insurance for parks are so high.
I see a time very soon an enforced zero tolerance is the only way these parks are going to be able to afford to stay open. Rausch Creek up here is.....Get caught drinking on the trails, you get kicked out......Be **** about it, they call the State Police and you get a DUI. I support what they do if it means they stay open. As far as I know no one has died there yet.

TacomaJD said:
0114f48c0d50bb4cc154b6d1bda1db22.jpg

b60cd1c2bc08cfa8b5d258a5c6c7ffcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myself and a couple of other guys from C.A.O.S. are going to be attending the Cullman council meeting tomorrow morning. Hoping the council will listen to us for a minute or two. We agree with every rule the park has in place with the exception of the banning of coolers on the trail. We plan to suggest a cooler check at the same time as the harness, helmet check at the trail entrance.
I myself would even like to see a Cullman Co. officer there at the check point to help get the message out about not allowing band items on the trials. Hopefully they will listen and tweak the rules to allow coolers for water and snacks.

RustyC said:
Myself and a couple of other guys from C.A.O.S. are going to be attending the Cullman council meeting tomorrow morning. Hoping the council will listen to us for a minute or two. We agree with every rule the park has in place with the exception of the banning of coolers on the trail. We plan to suggest a cooler check at the same time as the harness, helmet check at the trail entrance.
I myself would even like to see a Cullman Co. officer there at the check point to help get the message out about not allowing band items on the trials. Hopefully they will listen and tweak the rules to allow coolers for water and snacks.

Thanks for the representation. Maybe propose a regulation that equals showing ID at sign in and placing people on a 1 year or lifetime ban if caught drinking and driving. I hate to see it come to that, but I'd also hate to cross it off my list of summer parks to ride at because I couldn't have waters on the trail in July or August.

May be a dead horse now but the fact dude was drinking and someone died will get him jail time. If he had been sober he'd be fine. It's no different than a car wreck. Sober people don't go to jail drunk people do. As far as the park it sucks cause they get the wrap for anything that goes on. Funny how the .gov don't get the same treatment. How many people die on interstates? What ever comes of this is just a ball kicker dude already hates life and girls family is in the boat. Sucks someone died. But like others have said it don't matter the situation when's your time is up your gone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If the guy has any money in the bank the charges will be dropped to something that doesnt require jail time but will profit the courts alot of money. Im going with dui and some other charge that will require classes, probation, and monthly payments for about 3 years.

I say Involuntary manslaughter and will plead to dui and reckless conduct if he has money if no money he'll please to the first charge get a few months in jail then probation. Id like to know the details before I say if he or she is responsible. As a father I can't imagine what either family is going through. I surly hope I never have to deal with something like this.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The right attorney and enough money , I agree he probably wouldnt actually get jail time. I guess alot depends if he has any kind of priors especially anything drug or drinking related, in that case he would be proper ****ed :indianajones:

Thank you to everyone else who was able to be at todays council meeting. Looks like it was a good outcome.
Now it's time to obey the parks rules and be safe.

Re:

It's the typical old ask for too much then settle for half of what you asked for initially in order to make everybody feel happy about new rules and regulations. Glad it worked out for you guys.