• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

super hitch

anyone have a super hitch? whats so special to justify the $500 for em?
and another $400 for the stinger...?

These are absolutely the sheit if you haul a camper, and want to tow something behind truck/camper; they are hellbent for stout, plus it'll give you two reciever height choices when towing without a camper in the back of your truck....in case you tow different height trailers.Wish my tow rig had one, and it will when I get a 10.5 ft camper for it; that way I can tow the wheeler and have a place to stay without making two trips to get my travel trailer and wheeler to the same destination...

ya i get all that, and i have a 10'6 camper, but what amkes them so much better than something you could build. $1k for a frekin hitch seems a little outrageous, id rather spend $100 on steel and a few hrs...?

In a nutshell, They're engineered to do what they do; Imagine if you built one and it failed for whatever reason (not sayin you can't do good work) and killed someone; your ins finds out the hitch is homebuilt and at fault for the accident----> Ins will deny claim for that reason, and now your sued by victim's family!!!
If the Superhitch were to fail, Ins has someone to go after for the claim they just paid out!!!!

Just my .02!:D

ya i get all that, and i have a 10'6 camper, but what amkes them so much better than something you could build. $1k for a frekin hitch seems a little outrageous, id rather spend $100 on steel and a few hrs...?

Liability is the only thing that makes them worth the money. You can build one easily but your liable for it..... Thats it.

I have one and it is the ****....... Well worth the piece of mind if you haul a camper and tow a trailer.... Big money though..

I have a friend with a similar truck & camper as mine. He went the Super Hitch route. I looked at it & it is stout.

As a heads-up, if you have a 3500 Ram with the AAM 11.5" rear axle, good luck getting the spare tire off with this hitch installed. Looks like it would be a PITA due to the hitch in the way of lowering the spare truck tire.

I have a large slide-in camper, but went a different route.